Dell Poweredge 2400 server auto power on

Old July 24th 08, 10:12 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Daryl J. Davey

Default Dell Poweredge 2400 server auto power on

Hi,

I recently acquired a Dell Poweredge 2400 servers, which I have been playing
with setting up.

Everything seems to work fine except the server originally kept powering
itself on at 22:40 each day.

I couldn't find any settings in THE BIOS screens to change this behaviour
and eventually managed to find (via Google) that this is contolled by
something called the SMBIOS, which is not accessible through the normal
BIOS screens at startup but instead via the Dell Client Configuration
Utility (DCCU).

I duly downloaded and ran this and it gave access to three settings, AutoOn
(which seems to have settings of disabled, every day or weekdays),
AutoOnHour and AutoOnMinute. On setting these however, the machine doesn't
power on at the time chosen (or indeed automatically at all now, not even
at 22:40 as before).

So I have partially solved the problem in that the machine doesn't power up
at 22:40 each day but I would like it to make use of this facility to power
up at 06:00 each day instead.

Does anyone have any experience with setting this up on this type (or
similar) servers?

Thanks in advance.
Daryl.
Old July 24th 08, 12:48 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
pen

Daryl J. Davey wrote:
[...]

There is ba Dell group at
alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Old July 24th 08, 03:15 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Daryl J. Davey

Pen wrote:

Daryl J. Davey wrote:
Hi,

I recently acquired a Dell Poweredge 2400 servers, which I have been
playing with setting up.

Everything seems to work fine except the server originally kept powering
itself on at 22:40 each day.

I couldn't find any settings in THE BIOS screens to change this behaviour
and eventually managed to find (via Google) that this is contolled by
something called the SMBIOS, which is not accessible through the normal
BIOS screens at startup but instead via the Dell Client Configuration
Utility (DCCU).

I duly downloaded and ran this and it gave access to three settings,
AutoOn (which seems to have settings of disabled, every day or weekdays),

Thanks. Will post this there.

Old July 24th 08, 03:25 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Daryl J. Davey

Pen wrote:

There is ba Dell group at
alt.sys.pc-clone.dell