Photos Are Printed Off-Center

Old July 28th 07, 05:35 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
One4All

Default Photos Are Printed Off-Center

I'm using Photoshop CS (not CS2, etc.) on a Macintosh G5, running OS
10.3.9 (Panther).

In Image Size, I set the document size & resolution. In Print With
Preview, I have the Center Image box checked. In Scaled Print Size,
I've entered 93% for Scale, in order to
optimize this image on 11x14 paper. At 100%, the image will get
clipped (so says PS).

My printer is an Epson 1280. The print does not come out as pictured
in the preview window of Print With Preview. In fact, it comes out
not
only off-center, but with far more white space surrounding it than
the
preview window indicates and what I expected. Everything else is
fine: color rendition,
etc.

What am I doing wrong? Or, should I be doing something I'm not doing?
As you may gather, I'm not very experienced with PS & printing color
digital. I'd appreciate any comments/advice. If you need more info,
let me know.

Thanks, in advance.

Old July 28th 07, 06:23 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
RCC

In message . com,
One4All writes

My printer is an Epson 1280. The print does not come out as pictured
in the preview window of Print With Preview. In fact, it comes out
not
only off-center, but with far more white space surrounding it than
the
preview window indicates and what I expected. Everything else is
fine: color rendition,
etc.

Not sure about your Epson 1280. With my 880 you have to go into printer
properties and set "centred" on the paper tab. You can also set print
area "maximised" to reduce white space: there are dire warnings not to
do this with photo paper but I have never had a problem.

--
Richard C
Old July 28th 07, 07:07 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Jan Alter

"One4All" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Have you gone to the Epson website to make sure you have the latest driver
for the 1280 for OS 10 Panther?

Additionally I might check the Adob e website at the FAQs to see if this
issue might be one that others are having.

--
Jan Alter

Old July 30th 07, 06:44 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
One4All

After going to Epson.com, which doesn't offer a driver update for my
OS 10.3.9, and to Adobe.com's knowledgebase & forums, which didn't
directly address the issue, I did discover an idea at Adobe that I
hadn't thought of: Read your printer's manual. Duh!

I re-set up the driver. I then ran some tests on 4x6 paper (to
minimize ink, etc., use), and the images were centered. I don't know
if re-setting up the printer had anything to do with it, as the re-set
up only made more options available roll paper, etc.

Where I am now is to test on a 11x14 sheet, this time, & see how that
turns out. Thanks, all, for your input.