Request suggestions for online computer buying sites..........

Old April 1st 06, 05:36 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default Request suggestions for online computer buying sites..........

I'd like to build a new computer for myself with in the next month.
I usually order from Tigerdirect, but their service is so hit and miss
I'd rather order elsewhere. Can someone suggest a site where they
have gotten parts in the past and were very satisfied??

Thanks
BMM
Old April 1st 06, 05:50 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Brett Miller wrote:
I'd like to build a new computer for myself with in the next month.
I usually order from Tigerdirect, but their service is so hit and miss
I'd rather order elsewhere.

I like Newegg.com
Old April 1st 06, 06:10 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Brett Miller wrote:
I'd like to build a new computer for myself with in the next month.
I usually order from Tigerdirect, but their service is so hit and miss
I'd rather order elsewhere. Can someone suggest a site where they
have gotten parts in the past and were very satisfied??

Thanks
BMM

NEWEGG.Com is the place to go!

Thanks in Advance

Dave
(Please reply back to this USENET group as all E-Mail sent directly
to my E-Mail address will NOT be seen by me)

Old April 1st 06, 02:06 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"Brett Miller" wrote in message
I'd like to build a new computer for myself with in the next month.
I usually order from Tigerdirect, but their service is so hit and miss
I'd rather order elsewhere. Can someone suggest a site where they
have gotten parts in the past and were very satisfied??

Thanks
BMM

I know lots of people will suggest newegg, and there's nothing wrong with
that. Newegg does have a great selection at great prices. I much prefer
mwave though, as I've been burned a few times with bad parts from newegg.
In at least one instance, I received a used and defective motherboard from
newegg, so I don't trust newegg for major parts anymore. [Yes, I'm sure it
was used. It came in a non-standard box (I'd ordered the same mainboard
before) and the anti-static bag seal was broken before it shipped from
Newegg.]

Mwave doesn't have as good of a selection, but they have mostly high-quality
stuff, anyway, all at great prices. I get most of my hardware from mwave
and I've NEVER had a problem with them. Plus, I like their motherboard
bundle feature. I like to pick the mainboard first, but after I've picked
the mainboard, I like to order a "bundle" based on that mainboard. Makes
ordering a bit easier. -Dave

www.mwave.com