Quake 4 I need a new sound card?

Old April 7th 06, 11:30 AM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

Default Quake 4 I need a new sound card?

I downloaded the Quake 4 demo not knowing the requirements, recently bought
a new ATI x800xl vid card for this generation of games, I get no sound at all
when playing, can't make it happen either.

Then I read the readme minimum requirements from the download:
"100% DirectX(r) 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers"

My card installed is an old Creative SB Live! 5.1 0100, from about five or six
years ago, works with everything else all around! So I suppose it does not support
DX 9.01c, which I have installed.

My onboard sound chip (Abit IS7 mobo) is AC97 ALC650 six channel
surround, from two to three years ago, does anyone think it supports DX 9.01c?
I have searched up and down the 'net with no results so, any help much
appreciated. TIA...

--
Giant_Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com