Change from AMD to P4 Problems?

Old July 22nd 03, 02:01 PM
Ernie

Default Change from AMD to P4 Problems?

I am going to change my MB w/AMD chip to an intel MB w/P4 3.0 (800Mhz). I
will be using all the other hardware from my current machine.

I have heard that there can be potential problems due to a change in the
chipset, etc? Can anyone enlighten me in regards to this issue?

Ernie

Old July 22nd 03, 09:00 PM
Ghostrider

Ernie wrote:

I am going to change my MB w/AMD chip to an intel MB w/P4 3.0 (800Mhz). I
will be using all the other hardware from my current machine.

I have heard that there can be potential problems due to a change in the
chipset, etc? Can anyone enlighten me in regards to this issue?

Ernie

What OS? Any potential issues would depend on what device drivers are
being used. And in the change from AMD to Intel, P4-superthreading at
that, there are significant differences, including the chipset, memory and
memory arrangement, etc. I would venture that the previous hardware would
be OK but that the OS should be installed cleanly.