Is a 22 inch monitor poor to play games ?

Old May 22nd 11, 12:03 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Luiss

Default Is a 22 inch monitor poor to play games ?

Hi all,

I would like to buy a 22 inch monitor 1920x1080 in particular to play games.
Is it a poor choice ??

Thanks !!

Luiss

Old May 22nd 11, 09:16 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Alessandro

Poor choice because 22" is too small or what? I am not gamer but I
believe that the graphic card is very important for gamer. Fast graphic
card especially special designed for game is what I heard most gamers
swearing their hearts out.

Just for the size compared with 23 or 24 inches ... having a good
graphic card

Old May 22nd 11, 09:18 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Alessandro

Poor choice because 22" is too small or what? I am not gamer but I
believe that the graphic card is very important for gamer. Fast graphic
card especially special designed for game is what I heard most gamers
swearing their hearts out.

Just about the inches, if compared wit 23 or 24 inches ... having a good
graphic card

Old May 22nd 11, 09:21 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Luiss

Poor choice because 22" is too small or what? I am not gamer but I
believe that the graphic card is very important for gamer. Fast graphic
card especially special designed for game is what I heard most gamers
swearing their hearts out.

Just for the inches, if compared with 23 or 24 inches ... having a good
graphic card

Old May 22nd 11, 02:48 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
philo[_4_]

On 05/22/2011 03:21 AM, Luiss wrote:

Poor choice because 22" is too small or what? I am not gamer but I
believe that the graphic card is very important for gamer. Fast graphic
card especially special designed for game is what I heard most gamers
swearing their hearts out.

Just for the inches, if compared with 23 or 24 inches ... having a good
graphic card

a 22"monitor will work...
it's all a matter of your own personal preferences.

Considering the prices are pretty decent, why not go for a bigger one
though?
Old May 31st 11, 10:37 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
GT[_8_]

"Luiss" wrote in message
.. .

Poor choice because 22" is too small or what? I am not gamer but I
believe that the graphic card is very important for gamer. Fast graphic
card especially special designed for game is what I heard most gamers
swearing their hearts out.

Just for the inches, if compared with 23 or 24 inches ... having a good
graphic card

It would be an inch or two smaller than the 23/24" monitors, but if you move
a little closer it would appear to be the same size. In other words - the
resolution is what determines the picture detail, not the screen size. You
have to balance budget, physical size and your own preference - go to a
decent sized PC shop and look at the size of the screens, then buy it online
later!

I would look for something with a better vertical resolution than 1080
pixels. That resolution is a true backwards step in computing, driven by
price and the most recent media orientation that PC manufacturers have
decided to take. Most PC users aren't bothered about watching films on their
computers, so full HD resolution is rather meaningless and limits windows
useability. The old screens from 15+ years ago could manage 1024 pixels
vertically so moving to 1080 is probably the smallest technology improvement
in PC history! My 10+ year old 19" CRT screen runs at 1440 or 1200 vertical
resolution, so I can open a word document and actually read most of the
page. Moving from that to full HD is a major step backwards!

Old June 3rd 11, 05:08 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
rb[_6_]

Luiss;1290271 Wrote:
Hi all,

I would like to buy a 22 inch monitor 1920x1080 in particular to play
games.
Is it a poor choice ??

Thanks !!

Luiss

Luiss,
A few tips for a good gaming monitor:
Look for a monitor that has a quick response time..ie the time it takes
a pixel to go from black to white and back again. The faster the
response time the less blurring and ghosting you will experience during
action sequences. A good gaming monitor has a response time of 3ms or
less.

To relieve eye strain, look for a monitor with a high refresh rate. The
refresh rate on a monitor is the amount of times that the hardware draws
information from a source. PC monitors go as high as 120hz while some
newer HD TVs go up to 240hz. A good gaming monitor has a 120hz refresh
rate.

Contrast ratio measures the darkest color that a monitor can
produce...blackest black vs whitest white. In general the higher the
contrast ratio, the better the color.

Consider an LED Monitor (uses Light Emitting Diodes for backlight and
consumes up to 40% less energy than LCD monitor), since they are less
strenuous on your eyes...especially for gaming... than are LCD
monitors.

As for size, 22" is good for gamers who prefer to sit close to the
screen. 24-27+ are good for sitting further away from screen...in a
lounge chair for example.
Lastly, I prefer either Viewsonic or Samsung for gaming monitor. But
what looks good to me might not look good to you. I suggest you visit
local retailer(s) and look at different monitors in action...some
retailers allow you to test drive, so bring your favorite game with you.