Club3D 9700 pro texture problems in BF1942

Old October 30th 03, 01:11 PM
Birdy

Default Club3D 9700 pro texture problems in BF1942

Hello all,

I received my Club3D 9700 Pro a few days ago and I love its performance
already but I seem to develop a texture problem in time playing Battlefield
1942.

Playing at 1600x1200x32, after a few minutes of playing the first textures
start to change color or pattern: soldiers with blue hands, a pink tank
instead of brown/green, blue wheels and green/red graffity painted all over
bunkers. It gets worse in time after several minutes to the point where it's
no longer fun to play.
When I shortly go back to the menu and return to the game (after 10 secs or
so) the textures are fine again after which it starts all over. I can post
screenshots if that may help explaining my probs.

People suggested that it may be heat-related (if so, what to cool?) or that
the card may be OC'ed by the manufacturer.

Specs:
Club3D 9700 PRO (AKA powercolor) with ??/2002 bios and fan (www.club3d.nl)
Power supply 300W
AMD 2400+
MB ECS K7s5a (AGP 4x, 1.5V)
640 MB SDRAM
Catalyst driver 3.7

1. Is there a way to view/adjust my current clock speeds?
2. Can Omegadrivers be beneficial in this case?
3. Has anyone else experienced this?
4. Can it be solved by cooling, if so how and what? Is the RAM overheated or
is it the GPU or something else?

Thanks in advance.

Old October 30th 03, 01:36 PM
Andrew

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 13:11:29 +0100, "Birdy" wrote:

1. Is there a way to view/adjust my current clock speeds?

The 3.8 drivers have over/underclocking ablities, but are a bit iffy
in BF1942. Trying an underclock may help to diagnose things. Do the
problems only happen in BF1942? 3DMark2003 is good for stress testing
a video card.

2. Can Omegadrivers be beneficial in this case?
3. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes, as I posted in the other thread.

4. Can it be solved by cooling, if so how and what? Is the RAM overheated or
is it the GPU or something else?

Maybe you could put other cooling on, but you would void your
warranty.
please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.
Old October 31st 03, 04:15 AM
Nitza666

Its not a hardware problem,its a driver problem and almost all the Radeon
have some problems with the bf1942.
If you want to check the card for overheating run 3DMark 2001 for 2 or 3
hours looping.

Old October 31st 03, 08:23 AM
Andrew

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 05:15:35 +0200, "Nitza666"
wrote:

Its not a hardware problem,its a driver problem and almost all the Radeon
have some problems with the bf1942.

Thats news to me, my 9700 Pro is fine with the 3.7 Cats in BF1942.
please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.
Old November 3rd 03, 09:59 AM
Birdy

wrote:

Its not a hardware problem,its a driver problem and almost all the Radeon
have some problems with the bf1942.

Thats news to me, my 9700 Pro is fine with the 3.7 Cats in BF1942.

Problems seem to be fixed by using the Omega drivers. Thanks!