NEC Versa LXi BIOS Update Question

Old February 24th 04, 01:23 PM

Default NEC Versa LXi BIOS Update Question

Hi Folks,
Wondering if anyone knows the answer to this one . . . I'm trying to
update the BIOS on a NEC Versa but it won't work. The error message
I'm given says something about a VPP dip switch . . . Any clues? I
could really use a service manual for the laptop but NEC doesn't make
them available.

TIA
Old February 24th 04, 03:14 PM
kony

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 13:23:19 GMT, W wrote:

Hi Folks,
Wondering if anyone knows the answer to this one . . . I'm trying to
update the BIOS on a NEC Versa but it won't work. The error message
I'm given says something about a VPP dip switch . . . Any clues? I
could really use a service manual for the laptop but NEC doesn't make
them available.

TIA

I'm going to make a wild guess that under one of the removable panels,
there's a VPP dip switch that needs flipped. There can't be THAT many dip
switches, you'll just have to try one.

Old February 26th 04, 03:16 PM
kony

just using common sense, i mean, sometimes they provide those messages for
a useful purpose (it isn't windows).
Old February 26th 04, 03:25 PM
Pen

If you go here and wade through a few pages, you will
find the "Users Guide" for the LXi.
Page 3-25 explains all. The switches are under the keyboard.
http://www.necus.com/support/

Old February 27th 04, 03:38 AM

Pen, you're a stud! Many thanks! Your suggestion to RTFM led me to
instructions on how to remove the keyboard and then from there I used
Google to do a site search for "six-position". No direct hits but
enough to get the job done.

Kony, thanks for the moral support.

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 10:25:22 -0500, "Pen"
wrote:

If you go here and wade through a few pages, you will
find the "Users Guide" for the LXi.
Page 3-25 explains all. The switches are under the keyboard.
http://www.necus.com/support/

.. .

wrote:

Hi Folks,
Wondering if anyone knows the answer to this one . . . I'm trying

update the BIOS on a NEC Versa but it won't work. The error

message
I'm given says something about a VPP dip switch . . . Any clues? I
could really use a service manual for the laptop but NEC doesn't

make
them available.

TIA

I'm going to make a wild guess that under one of the removable

panels,
there's a VPP dip switch that needs flipped. There can't be THAT

many dip
switches, you'll just have to try one.

Downgrading the BIOS of my p4p800-vm...possible? KILOWATT General 3 January 2nd 04 08:37 PM
bios update trouble. help totod General 2 November 23rd 03 05:59 PM
PSU kills bios? - Update! Michael General 5 October 7th 03 11:21 PM
BIOS Update Claus Christensen General 5 August 3rd 03 09:33 PM
Multiplier question, bios or hardware... ? Bougon General 1 June 24th 03 12:58 AM