Driver for Microtek Scanmaker 3600

Old February 11th 09, 03:05 AM posted to alt.computer.drivers.wanted,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
pg[_2_]

Default Driver for Microtek Scanmaker 3600

I am looking for driver for Microtek Scanmaker 3600.

The original CD that comes with it is missing, so I went to Microtek's
ftp site - ftp://ftp.microtek.com/microtek/pcfiles/ - looking for one.

I remember that the driver for Scanmaker 3600 has the name of
drv_sw5** (stand for Scan Wizard 5) so I was elated to find
drv_sw5_v5_991_ad.exe among the files available.

However, under the same directory I also notice the "Scan Wizard Pro"
are there as well.

Question: Can the "Scan Wizard Pro" software be used for my Microtek
Scanmaker 3600 scanner?

BTW, the latest version of Scan Wizard Pro is version 7.04 ---
drv_swpro_v7_04_ad.exe
Old February 11th 09, 03:33 AM posted to alt.computer.drivers.wanted,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
Old Gringo

On Or About This Time And Date In History pg Stumbled Over To The
Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::
I am looking for driver for Microtek Scanmaker 3600.

The original CD that comes with it is missing, so I went to Microtek's
ftp site - ftp://ftp.microtek.com/microtek/pcfiles/ - looking for one.

I remember that the driver for Scanmaker 3600 has the name of
drv_sw5** (stand for Scan Wizard 5) so I was elated to find
drv_sw5_v5_991_ad.exe among the files available.

However, under the same directory I also notice the "Scan Wizard Pro"
are there as well.

Question: Can the "Scan Wizard Pro" software be used for my Microtek
Scanmaker 3600 scanner?

BTW, the latest version of Scan Wizard Pro is version 7.04 ---
drv_swpro_v7_04_ad.exe

As far as the compatibility issue I would say stay with what is
recommended for your scanner and OS This is on XP http://xrl.in/1k57

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere
Old February 11th 09, 04:04 AM posted to alt.computer.drivers.wanted,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
CSM1

The correct driver is ScanWizard 5 version 6.32 a 18.1 Megabyte download.
Start Here and follow the prompts for the correct driver.
http://support.microtek.com/downloads/index.phtml

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Old February 11th 09, 06:00 AM posted to alt.computer.drivers.wanted,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
Lil' Dave

"pg" wrote in message
I am looking for driver for Microtek Scanmaker 3600.

The original CD that comes with it is missing, so I went to Microtek's
ftp site - ftp://ftp.microtek.com/microtek/pcfiles/ - looking for one.

I remember that the driver for Scanmaker 3600 has the name of
drv_sw5** (stand for Scan Wizard 5) so I was elated to find
drv_sw5_v5_991_ad.exe among the files available.

However, under the same directory I also notice the "Scan Wizard Pro"
are there as well.

Question: Can the "Scan Wizard Pro" software be used for my Microtek
Scanmaker 3600 scanner?

BTW, the latest version of Scan Wizard Pro is version 7.04 ---
drv_swpro_v7_04_ad.exe

Scanwizard was provided with both my Microtek flatbed scanners in the past.
Other than installing that, I've never had to install any other software for
either for operation. Both worked in XP and Millenium. Last version I
downloaded was 6.01 Pro version from the microtek website 2 years ago.

Better look here for latest Pro version and supported scanners:
http://www.download.com/Microtek-Sca...8_4-38388.html
Dave

Old February 11th 09, 07:39 AM posted to alt.computer.drivers.wanted,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
pg[_2_]

Thank you and thank all for your help !!

I have downloaded the Scan Wizard 5 version 6.32, dated Oct, 05, 2007
and have installed it on my PC.

Then something really weird happened.

I hooked up everything, and "Scanner Finder" could found the scanner
without any problem, with the "Scanmaker 3600: STI, ID 0" message.

However, when I call up the "Microtek Scanner Configuration", I got
the error message:

"The scanner is not ready! Please check the scanner connection."

When I launch the SW5 software, I got the following message:

"Can't find scanners.
Use scanner probe to find a scanner."

And when I click on the "Yes" button, I got a "Scanner list", with the
ID "0" for Scanmaker 3600, Ver. 1.0

As far as the scanner goes, yes, IT IS THERE !!

I even checked it in the device manager, and yes, IT IS THERE !!

What I do not understand is this ---

How come neither of the "scanner configuration" nor the "Scan Wizard
5" able to find the scanner?

Did I do anything wrong??

Please help !!

Thank you all again for your help !!!

Old February 11th 09, 01:22 PM posted to alt.computer.drivers.wanted,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
pg[_2_]

On Feb 11, 3:11*am, Martin Trautmann wrote:
On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 22:39:28 -0800 (PST), pg wrote:
*"The scanner is not ready! Please check the scanner connection."
*Did I do anything wrong??

Microteks software here is most annoying.

I don't know which is the right order, but the scanner has to be plugged
in properly before/after installing the software (I'd guess after).
Otherwise it might be ignored.

Mine can't be used via an USB hub.

- Martin

I have plugged and unplugged the scanner, rebooted the PC several
times, and even un-installed and re-installed the software, and still
I got the error !!!

I checked the scanner as well, no problem.

Oh well ... This is getting very very weird !!
Old February 12th 09, 11:25 AM posted to alt.computer.drivers.wanted,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
Lil' Dave

"pg" wrote in message
On Feb 11, 3:11 am, Martin Trautmann wrote:
On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 22:39:28 -0800 (PST), pg wrote:
"The scanner is not ready! Please check the scanner connection."
Did I do anything wrong??

Microteks software here is most annoying.

I don't know which is the right order, but the scanner has to be plugged
in properly before/after installing the software (I'd guess after).
Otherwise it might be ignored.

Mine can't be used via an USB hub.

- Martin

I have plugged and unplugged the scanner, rebooted the PC several
times, and even un-installed and re-installed the software, and still
I got the error !!!

I checked the scanner as well, no problem.

Oh well ... This is getting very very weird !!

----------

Forgot to mention both my previous MicroTek scanners were scsi connected
using scsi ID 6 with active termination. I started out early with flatbed
scanners using the old printer port connection. Scsi seems to work best
both for connection, and, actual throughput without worry of interruption.
--
Dave

Old February 12th 09, 04:43 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
Paul

pg wrote:
On Feb 11, 3:11 am, Martin Trautmann wrote:
On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 22:39:28 -0800 (PST), pg wrote:
"The scanner is not ready! Please check the scanner connection."
Did I do anything wrong??

Microteks software here is most annoying.

I don't know which is the right order, but the scanner has to be plugged
in properly before/after installing the software (I'd guess after).
Otherwise it might be ignored.

Mine can't be used via an USB hub.

- Martin

I have plugged and unplugged the scanner, rebooted the PC several
times, and even un-installed and re-installed the software, and still
I got the error !!!

I checked the scanner as well, no problem.

Oh well ... This is getting very very weird !!

For the purposes of hardware testing, a scanner could
also be tested with a Linux distribution. Windows
has TWAIN and Linux has SANE as possible scanner interface
standards. A SANE driver for your scanner was done
some number of years ago, so it is possible that
you could interface to the scanner with a Linux
LiveCD and test it there. You'd use a program like
GIMP (equivalent to Photoshop), and in File:Acquire
there might be an option to scan from a SANE capable
scanner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWAIN
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scanner_Access_Now_Easy (SANE)

I'm only mentioning that, if you run out of options
in Windows to prove the device works. You can get
Linux LiveCD distributions like Knoppix (knopper.net)
or Ubuntu (ubuntu.com), which don't require installing
anything to the hard drive, to use the Linux desktop.
You boot from the CD, and are then running a Linux
desktop. It is possible the scanner may be accessible
there. At least then, you'd know whether to continue
fighting with it in Windows.

Based on my experience trying to get a webcam working
in Linux, I'm not promising this will be easy. But it
is another option... Like, if you're bored and have
nothing better to do.

Paul
Old November 29th 11, 09:53 AM posted to alt.computer.drivers.wanted,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
Ian Jackson[_2_]

In message , Lil' Dave
writes
"pg" wrote in message
[...]

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but my nine year old Epson 1260 has also
just stopped working. [XP Home, BTW.] However, it's still OK on a laptop
using XP Professional.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the original software, and also used
the latest TWAIN driver, run a registry repair, re-done the un- and re-
installations etc, but I always get a report saying that there is no
TWAIN driver.

Yes, the computer knows the scanner is there, and says it's working -
but unless it can recognise the TWAIN driver, it isn't going to work.

Fortunately, it WILL work (although with far fewer options) with two of
my little-used imaging programs - Photshop 7 and Microsoft Paint. These
can use the WIA driver, and that hasn't been affected.
http://www.scanhelp.com/ScanEdu/wiascanners.html#List
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Image_Acquisition

I've done a bit of digging in the newsgroup and forum archives, and it
seems that this sudden failure of various scanners to work may be linked
to one of the Windows updates. There are countless helpful suggestions
but, unfortunately, I've only found one person who positively said "I
did this, and it fixed it". I think that alt.comp.periphs.scanner (which
I have just found) might provide the best leads, but I have only started
to peruse the old posts. I think this was one of them.
http://thedailyreviewer.com/xphelp/v...02500249#10189
7202

I'm in two minds as whether to accept the fact that I still can use the
scanner (but not like I used to) and get on with my life, or to pursue a
fix, and possibly screw up my PC in the process!
--
Ian