Need help/advice on copying old records

Old December 22nd 03, 05:36 AM
Mike

Default Need help/advice on copying old records

I need to copy my records onto CDRs. I would have to do this using my
computer as I don't have a standalone cd burner. But I'm not exactly
sure how to do this. I've tried a google search but the directions
were a bit confusing and also seemed a bit more complicated than what
they probably should be.
Could someone give me some help or possibly direct me to a website
that can help? Mostly I need help on hooking up the turntable to the
computer. I'd hate to damage something by hooking it up wrong. Thanks.
Old December 22nd 03, 05:49 AM
Mike Richter

Mike wrote:
I need to copy my records onto CDRs. I would have to do this using my
computer as I don't have a standalone cd burner. But I'm not exactly
sure how to do this. I've tried a google search but the directions
were a bit confusing and also seemed a bit more complicated than what
they probably should be.
Could someone give me some help or possibly direct me to a website
that can help? Mostly I need help on hooking up the turntable to the
computer. I'd hate to damage something by hooking it up wrong. Thanks.

In addition to the usual references - the CDR FAQ and the primer at my
WWW site - there is an excellent page from England linked from my site.

Any good cartridge will need a preamp before connecting to the computer
in order both to increase the signal level and to provide equalization.
Some turntables have the preamp built in, but most require external
hardware. Options including using a separate preamp or a stereo receiver
or buying or building a box for the purpose. There are even diagrams for
simple preamps among the files at my WWW site.

If you're familiar with audio recording, simply treat the computer as a
tape deck. If not, you would probably do best getting some help locally
from someone who is.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old December 22nd 03, 05:52 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have proof of misquotes! )

Mike wrote:

I need to copy my records onto CDRs. I would have to do this using my
computer as I don't have a standalone cd burner. But I'm not exactly
sure how to do this. I've tried a google search but the directions
were a bit confusing and also seemed a bit more complicated than what
they probably should be.
Could someone give me some help or possibly direct me to a website
that can help? Mostly I need help on hooking up the turntable to the
computer. I'd hate to damage something by hooking it up wrong. Thanks.

Vinyl to cdr:

http://users.forthnet.gr/ath/axatis/...udio/vinyl.htm
http://www.a-reny.com/iexplorer/restauration.html
http://www.ganymede.hemscott.net/tutorial.htm
http://www.audiotoolsdirect.com/vinyl.shtml
http://www.mp3-faq.org/tips/cepcass.htm
Old December 22nd 03, 06:01 AM
smh

Mike Richter (Friggin' Scum) wrote:

In addition to the usual references - the CDR FAQ ...

Isn't the info at CDR FAQ "quite dated" and has "significant" errors?

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Friggin' Scum)
Date: 5/24/02

I've posted privately to Andy on the FAQ section.

It is quite dated ... and has significant errors
=====================

-----------------------
No friggin' ****, Mikey
-----------------------
Old December 22nd 03, 06:45 AM
Allen Reny

"Mike Richter" wrote in message ...
Mike wrote:
In addition to the usual references - the CDR FAQ and the primer at my
WWW site - there is an excellent page from England linked from my site.

===============================
You have said that quite a few times.
Is it racism ?
So :

And there is an excellent page from France here :

http://www.a-reny.com
=================================

--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old December 22nd 03, 10:38 AM
Tony Wieser

"Mike" wrote in message
om...
I need to copy my records onto CDRs. I would have to do this using my
computer as I don't have a standalone cd burner. But I'm not exactly
sure how to do this. I've tried a google search but the directions
were a bit confusing and also seemed a bit more complicated than what
they probably should be.
Could someone give me some help or possibly direct me to a website
that can help? Mostly I need help on hooking up the turntable to the
computer. I'd hate to damage something by hooking it up wrong. Thanks.

You could try my company's page at
http://www.ripvinyl.com

The full version costs only $7.00, and includes full windows help,
describing the hookup, which is also at
http://www.wieser-software.com/ripvinyl/faq.shtml#lp

Anthony Wieser
Wieser Software Ltd

Old December 22nd 03, 11:36 AM
Troy

Very cool software.I have friends just getting into computers for
transfering LPs to CD.I will give them your link.They don't know much about
computers and all the audio software so I think this is right up their
alley.

Tony Wieser wrote in message

om...

Old December 22nd 03, 06:28 PM
Mike O'sullivan

"Troy" wrote in message
Very cool software.I have friends just getting into computers for
transfering LPs to CD.I will give them your link.They don't know much

about
computers and all the audio software so I think this is right up their
alley.

Yes it's good and user-friendly.

Old December 22nd 03, 07:22 PM
Mike Richter

Allen Reny wrote:
"Mike Richter" wrote in message

Mike wrote: In addition to the usual references - the CDR FAQ and
the primer at my WWW site - there is an excellent page from England
linked from my site.

=============================== You have said that quite a few times.
Is it racism ? So :

And there is an excellent page from France here :
http://www.a-reny.com/iexplorer/restauration.html

Chauvinism, perhaps, with regard to language, but certainly not racism.
Or do you consider there to be a French 'race'?

There are many sites with information, too many for me to try to track
down. A couple of years ago, The New York Times ran a substantial
article on recording audio to CD. The British site was one of three
recommended (the others were the FAQ and my primer). Out of curiosity, I
checked it out and agreed with their assessment. Therefore, I include it
when asked and highlight it in my page of links.

If you want to survey the WWW for others or to recommend one you find of
value, you are, of course, free to do so. Meanwhile, I ask that you
consider when suggesting 'racism' as a factor. The only 'race' to which
I object is the species of subhuman termed "troll".

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old December 22nd 03, 07:36 PM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have proof of misquotes! )

Mike Richter (Friggin' Scum) wrote:

The only 'race' to which
I object is the species of subhuman termed "troll".

What a friggin' nerve to even mention troll when you are full of it with
LIES and FRAUDS:

Who Is Mike Richter and
Why Are They Saying All These Horrible Things About Him?

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 23 -- 45)

Mike Richter, Any Material Connection w/ Roxio-Adaptec?

Apologize for Mike Richter's Lying? (major bug)
Apologize for Mike Richter's Lying? (critical bugs)
Apologize for Mike Richter's Lying? (early/often in beta)

Mike Richter & "Readily Acknowledge"
Mike Richter & "Heard of None"
Mike Richter Dishonest?

Wife Beating Stopped, Mike Richter?