ASUS SABERTOOTH X58: I dont succeed to install new Chipset.

Old June 8th 11, 08:30 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
[email protected]

Default ASUS SABERTOOTH X58: I dont succeed to install new Chipset.

Hi,
I have ASUS SABERTOOTH X5 and Window 7 x64.
I don't succeed to install the new Chipset.
In My Computer I have a 2009 driver and on Asus website I see a 2010
driver "Intel_chipset_V9111025 ".
In My Computer I have unistalled "Intell(R) IC8R/ICH9R/DO PCH SATA
RAID Controller" and installed the new Chipset buit when I turn off
tme PC and turn on again, I always see the old driver.
Why do I have this problem?
Thanks
Old June 9th 11, 06:20 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
[email protected]

To update the SATA controller driver, you also need to download and
install the latest driver for the ICH10R SATA RAID controller.

Hi, I have just gone to Asus web site but I don't see "ICH10R SATA
RAID controller".
Asus Web site:
http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/Int..._X58/#download

I have Windows 7 x64
Thanks again.
Old June 9th 11, 09:46 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Paul

wrote:
To update the SATA controller driver, you also need to download and
install the latest driver for the ICH10R SATA RAID controller.

Hi, I have just gone to Asus web site but I don't see "ICH10R SATA
RAID controller".
Asus Web site:
http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/Int..._X58/#download

I have Windows 7 x64
Thanks again.

On the download page, look under the "SATA" section. This is probably
an older driver.

Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager Driver V8.9.0.1023

for Windows 32/64bit XP & Windows 32/64bit Vista & 32/64bit Windows 7.(WHQL)

Intel(R) AHCI/RAID Driver Disk for Windows 32/64bit XP & Windows 32/64bit Vista & 32/64bit Windows 7.

File Size 23,61 (MBytes)

The driver comes under two names. The old name is "Matrix Storage".
The new name is RST or Rapid Storage Technology. They're both RAID drivers.

To get the very latest driver, you visit the Intel site.

Intel provides a site which can check for new drivers automatically.
It might be able to show you the correct driver. A site like this
might use ActiveX, so try using Internet Explorer if it doesn't
work with Firefox. (I haven't tested this.)

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support...=1&iid=dc_iduu

You can also manually look for a driver, by using the downloadcenter site.
Here, I typed in "rst" to look for a driver.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sear...word=%22rst%22

This is an example of what you might find. But using the automated
search, may make finding the right driver, a little easier.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...ivers&lang=eng

For safety, make a backup image of C:, before going crazy with the drivers.
That way, you can restore from a backup, rather than use a repair option later.

Paul
Old June 10th 11, 09:23 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
[email protected]

Hi Paul,
you are very kind to explain me very well everything but I have some
trouble.
On this page have I to download this file even if it in english
version? v. 10.0.0.1046 My OS is in italian language.
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...wnl dId=20110
RST_10.0.0.1046_WHQL_RAID_AHCI_drv_and_GUI.zip

On this page
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support...=1&iid=dc_iduu
I have installed ActiveX
But when I click on "Check your sistem for latest updates", a windows
write me:

Current Version Installed
9.1.1.1025
This version is valid.

Audio Driver for Intel Desktop Board
Product Detected
NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Current Driver Installed
1.2.22.1
This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer
for possible updates. More information

Wireless Networking (WiFi)
Product Detected
Current Driver Installed
This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer
for possible updates. More information

Wired Networking
Product Detected
Current Driver Installed
7.18.322.2010
This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer
for possible updates. More information

But I don't see a Update button.

I inform you in my Computer/Storage Controller I see:
Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO/PCH SATA RAID Controller v. 8.9.0.1023
JMicron JMB36X Controller v. 1.17.56.2
Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller v. 8.9.0.1023

If I can update all these driver is ok mut I neeed absolutely to
update the first one.

I have Windows 7 x64
Mother Board: ASUS SABERTOOTH X58
INTEL Core i7 980X 3.33Ghz 12MB

I hope you can tell me the right driver because I am afraid to make an
error.

Old June 10th 11, 10:29 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
[email protected]

I have just forgotten now I have:
Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO/PCH SATA RAID Controller v. 8.9.0.1023
but I don't know if it is the right driver because 3 mounths ago I
have updated it with my little experience.
Old June 10th 11, 12:09 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Paul

wrote:
[...]

OK, I tested the automated driver detection, and it isn't very good.

So that means using the manual update.

The chipset is ICH10R. We're looking for a RAID driver on downloadcenter.intel.com .
If I type in "ICH10R" as the thing to search for, I end up seeing a total of seven
entries.

INF Update Utility 4/21/2011 9.​2.​0.​1030 --- chipset installer (not needed)
4/21/2011 9.​2.​0.​1030
4/14/2011 9.​2.​0.​1025
12/22/2009 9.​1.​1.​1025

Intel Rapid Storage Technology 12/15/2010 10.​1.​0.​1008 --- Latest RAID
3/23/2010 9.​6.​0.​1014
Intel Matrix Storage Manager 7/17/2009 8.​9.​0.​1023

The Italian version of 1008 would be this one.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...&DownloadType=

So now the question would be, what is the other one (even more recent date) for ?

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...w=(10.0.0.1046)

The RST_10.0.0.1046_WHQL_RAID_AHCI_drv_and_GUI.zip file contains a copy of IATA_CD.exe inside.
And using 7ZIP, the date on IATA_CD.exe is 2010-10-27.

The 10.1.0.1008 version of IATA_CD.exe is 2010-12-15. So it would seem to me, the
1008 one is later ?

The RST_10.0.0.1046_WHQL_RAID_AHCI_drv_and_GUI.zip also includes a "driver" folder.
The F6README.txt file in there, says you copy the files to a floppy
and there is a "Load driver" option in the operating system installation process.
But you don't need that, because your operating system is already installed.

Well, at this point, I'm pretty confused. Does installing IATA_CD.exe automatically
update iaStor.sys, or is the user supposed to come up with a way to do that manually ?

Paul
Old June 10th 11, 12:15 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Rob[_19_]

On 10/06/2011 10:29, wrote:
I have just forgotten now I have:
Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO/PCH SATA RAID Controller v. 8.9.0.1023
but I don't know if it is the right driver because 3 mounths ago I
have updated it with my little experience.

I recently installed Windows7 64-bit onto an Asus X58 Sabretooth
and I downloaded the latest RST driver which Paul mentioned.
I did this as the system used a RAID0 dual SSD configuration as
boot drive and this proved unstable with the original driver
from Asus. The new RST driver completely cured the instability
(the system sometimes could not see the RAID0 array when booting,
resulting in the default boot drive order in the BIOS being changed.)

The driver I successfully used was this one (below is copied from
the Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) download page):

File name:iata_enu.exe Version:10.1.0.1008 Download
Date:12/15/2010 Status:Latest

Size:6.54 MB Language:English
Operating Systems:Windows 7 Ultimate, 32-bit version*, Windows 7,
32-bit*, Windows 7, 64-bit*, Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64
Edition*, Windows Server 2003 Standard x64 Edition*, Windows Server
2003*, Windows Server 2008 Enterprise x64*, Windows Server 2008 R2
Enterprise*, Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard*, Windows Server 2008
Standard x64*, Windows Server 2008 Standard*, Windows Server 2008*,
Windows Vista 32*, Windows Vista 64*, Windows XP 64-Bit Edition*,
Windows XP*

Notice there is a 'Select a Language' button at the top - choose
Italiano in your case.
As Paul said, it would be best to make a backup image of your
current system before updating to this driver.

Hope that helps,
--
Rob
Old June 10th 11, 12:21 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Rob[_19_]

On 10/06/2011 12:09, Paul wrote:
wrote:
[...]

7.18.322.2010 This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact
[...]

We replied at the same time, so our replies overlap.
All I can say about the iastor.sys question is that all I had
to do was download and run iasata_enu.exe and all was well.
Cheers,
--
Rob