EMC Storage and Windows Server 2000 with SP4

Old September 25th 03, 04:29 PM
Kyle J. Beaird

Default EMC Storage and Windows Server 2000 with SP4

I've talked to some folks that have had some problems with EMC Celerra
connectivity after installing SP4 for Windows 2000 Server. Evidently,
they had to uninstall the SP in order to regain functionality. I am
aware of some other issues with SP4, but this was a new one - and not
one I had seen documented anywhere. Has anyone come across a similar
issue? Any thoughts as to what might be happening? I've seen some
interoperability issues with EMC's PowerPath, but I have no idea as to
whether this might be part of the problem.

Regards,

Kyle J. Beaird

Old September 25th 03, 05:18 PM
Sto Rage®

When you say connectivity to EMC Celerra, you mean CIFS access right? I had
seen issues when we went to Win2K SP2. We had poor network performance
getting files off the EMC device, which was diagnosed to TCP window size
being changed in SP2. After reverting back the size to the pre-SP2 value
things worked fine.
Strange how this problem affected only the EMC NAS devices and not other NAS
on the network.
-G
om...

Old November 9th 03, 07:42 PM
Greg Guenther

Just had the problem. Turns out the Dart code needed a patch to work with
SP4.

Really hosed us until they installed the patch.

Greg