Latitude D600 Built-in Microphone?

Old December 5th 05, 07:20 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default Latitude D600 Built-in Microphone?

I have a Latitude D800 and I like the built-in microphone which allows
me to use Skype without connecting and external microphone to the
microphone jack. I'm thinking of buying a Latitude D600 for my wife and
I want to know if the Latitude D600 also has a built-in microphone.
I've looked on Dell's website but I can't find a definitive answer.
Does anyone know the answer?

Daniel

Old December 5th 05, 07:38 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

" wrote:
I'm thinking of buying a Latitude D600 for my wife and
I want to know if the Latitude D600 also has a built-in microphone.

The D600 does indeed have a built-in microphone, but I'm not sure you
can buy them any more. The D610, which replaces the D600, does _not_
have a built-in microphone.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...ce=21&doy=5m12
is a decent replacement, though it's not as handy as the built-in...
Old December 5th 05, 10:14 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...0/en/index.htm
i don't think it has a microphone but it can be purchased with an integrated
bluetooth card which would allow you to easily 'connect' a wireless
bluetooth headset for use with skype (a better way to go than the
'speakerphone' approach even if it does have a mic).

oups.com...

Old December 6th 05, 10:05 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

I found a good picture which does show the built-in microphone, the
small hole above the caps lock indicator.
http://www.anandtech.com/mobile/showdoc.aspx?i=2225&p=4
I was planning on buying a used D600. Thanks for letting me know that
the D610 does NOT have the built-in microphone. That's good to know.
Also, FYI, I know the Latitude D505 does NOT have a mic whereas but the
Latitude D800 and Inspiron 8600 do have a mic built-in. Thanks for the
reply.