GA-7N400 Pro2

Old October 11th 03, 04:31 AM
coolie

Default GA-7N400 Pro2

I am looking at this motherboard for a possible system upgrade. Anyone have
personal info about this board or can anyone point me to a review?
Google/Dogpile cannot find a review. Is this board really new? I have read
a few comments on Google groups and indications are this is not the ideal
overclocking board but I'm not into that. Any thoughts appreciated.

Old October 11th 03, 08:12 AM
Alien Zord

"coolie" wrote in message
I am looking at this motherboard for a possible system upgrade. Anyone

have
personal info about this board or can anyone point me to a review?
Google/Dogpile cannot find a review. Is this board really new? I have

read
a few comments on Google groups and indications are this is not the ideal
overclocking board but I'm not into that. Any thoughts appreciated.

I've used a number of its predecessor, the Pro, for customer builds and I
liked them. All fired on first switch-on and never gave any problems. The
extra IEEE1394 and USB connectors are on separate brackets wasting PCI slots
if you use them but luckily many cases that I buy nowadays have front
mounted sockets so problem solved. There's a separate sound bracket for
optical and coax SPDIF and discrete centre and rear speaker out so line-in
and mic sockets remain available. In the box are 3x 80 core, 2x SATA and a
floppy cables but no 40 core for CDROMs so be prepared.
Overall a nice board, certainly better than MSI K7N2 that gave us nothing
but problems and unacceptable failure rates.

Old October 12th 03, 06:43 AM
ju58

I think the board is ok, provides lots of interfaces. Only complaint: you
have to set the CPU multiplier through a DIP switch - not by BIOS. Also the
voltage selections in the BIOS are basic. Otherwise boards works fine - as
advertised.

Juergen

Old October 13th 03, 01:32 AM
Toke Lahti

ju58 wrote:
I think the board is ok, provides lots of interfaces. Only complaint: you
have to set the CPU multiplier through a DIP switch - not by BIOS. Also the
voltage selections in the BIOS are basic. Otherwise boards works fine - as
advertised.

There has been quite many complaints about audio stuttering with hd activity.
I got rid of that by not installing any of the chipset drivers.
Nvidia's ide drivers also corrupted windows system file several times,
but with microsoft's default drivers it seems to work.
Although my piece is going to be changed because nb fan died in less than
24h of use...

--
___ / ` . Selkämerenkatu 18 A 11
_ _/______ | ` ` . ten.epa FIN-00180 Helsinki Finl

Old October 15th 03, 06:19 AM
ju58

I do not experience any audio problems (stuttering etc.). I am using Audigy
card and I have RAID 1 configuration (mirrored drives) plus two other HD on
an extra IDE controller card. There are also 2 CD-RW drives plus one DVD
drive on IDE 1-3 attached. I also tried out SATA for a short while - worked
great. I am considering buying SATA-IDE converter to upgrade my current IDE
drives.

Again, no problems with my configuration. I don't know how things are with
internal audio.

Juergen

Old November 9th 03, 05:31 AM
Greg

"ju58" wrote in message
I do not experience any audio problems (stuttering etc.). I am using

Audigy
card...

which is probably why you're not having problems. I think people are
referrring to stuttering with the onboard sound.