Is there a way to allow Nero to Read Roxio Files?

Old November 13th 03, 10:41 AM
Paul

Default Is there a way to allow Nero to Read Roxio Files?

Hi

Like many others I have switched from Roxio Easy CD to Nero - I am using
version 6 and it rocks!

However I have created many Jewel Case inserts using the Easy CD built in
Label creator and I would like to convert these ".jwl files" somehow in
order that Nero can use them. Is there a way?

Also is there any way for Nero to recognise ".cl3" and ".cl4" files?

I would rather not reinstall Roxio alongside Nero. Apologies if this has
been asked before, but searching this ng, does not reveal a recent answer to
this question and a google search does not either.

TIA

Old November 13th 03, 11:23 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have examples of misquotes! )

Paul wrote:

Like many others I have switched from Roxio Easy CD to Nero - I am using
version 6 and it rocks!

However I have created many Jewel Case inserts using the Easy CD built in
Label creator and I would like to convert these ".jwl files" somehow in
order that Nero can use them. Is there a way?

Also is there any way for Nero to recognise ".cl3" and ".cl4" files?

I would rather not reinstall Roxio alongside Nero. Apologies if this has
been asked before, but searching this ng, does not reveal a recent answer to
this question and a google search does not either.

=========================
Roxio - What a Joke !!!
=========================
(excerpt)
----------------
More Joke Begins
----------------

The above are bad enough. But this takes the cake:

========================
From: devnulluser
Subject: Unreadable .CL5/.CIF files after updating
Date: 10/11/01 from ECDC 5.0 to 5.02b

I created some CD images in ECDC 5.0 some time ago where ECDC 5.0
created .CIF and .CL5 files. I then created .ISO images.

I already know ECDC 5.0 cannot re-open .ISO files and other .ISO burning
software cannot read Roxio's proprietary .ISO files.

However, after updating from ECDC 5.0 to 5.02b, the .CL5/.CIF files are
no longer readable.

Is this a known ECDC 5.0x bug?

Will ECDC 5.1 be able to read previous .CL5/.CIF files created by
ECDC 5.0 through 5.02b?
========================

========================
Roxio - What a Joke !!!
========================

-------------------------------
"What joke?" says Adrian Miller
-------------------------------

===================
From: xxxx
Subject: EZCDC4.02 - still not OK
Date: 3/17/00

.... and how hard it can be to make a conversation between the *.cl3-
and the *.jwl files so the (ex)-useres can use their old jewelcases
and lables.

You have to be a Adaptec programmer - to understand this ;-(

======================
From: Adrian Miller (Acraptec)
Date: 3/22/00

"xxxxx" wrote:
Deirdre' Straughan schrieb:

I promise that you will not have this problem in version 5

Ha ha ha ha! What a great joke! Do you have more? It's funny!

What joke?
ECDC 5 will be able to use or convert ECDC 4 covers and jewel cases.
We do try to learn from our mistakes.

======================
From: Adrian Miller (Acraptec)
Subject: Adaptec 3.5c Jewel Case Editor (Migration)
Date: 3/26/00

You are correct, 4.0x can not read 3.x layouts or jewel cases. This
mistake is not something we plan to repeat when we do ECDC 5 ...

===========================
From: Deirdre' Straughan (Acraptec)
Subject: NO MORE TRUST IN ADAPTEC
Date: 4/14/00

I have been repeatedly assured that this problem will not recur in the
next major release. I have to trust what my colleagues tell me. You have
to trust me. I have not lied to any customer ever in my life, so I think
that at this point I have earned a little trust.

======================
From: Adrian Miller (Acraptec)
Subject: EZCD Creator - .CL3 files - won't open in version 4
Date: 7/12/00 upgrade from HP

.... the .CL4 format is totally known to us and will be
fully supported in future versions of ECDC.
======================

-----------
Joke Begins
-----------

Now get a load of these two:

===================
From: Steven
Subject: EZCD 4 CD layouts in EZCD 5
Date: 11/14/01

I have a number of CD layouts saved under EZCD 4, but now I have
upgraded to version 5 they won't open, being of the old format.

====================
From: aydekuci
Subject: Roxio Easy CD Creator Question (How many more can we handle?)
Date: 1/10/02

Upgraded my wife's machine to Windows XP. EZCD doesn't run. So I
update to the latest version. After fighting for hours I get it to run
on her pc. She goes to open one of many and I mean many cd image files
that were stored as .cl4. Guess what EZCD 5 will not read .cl4 files.
Or I don't seem to be able to find a way to make it read. I even tried
renaming the file to .cl5 which is the way EZCD saves the images as.

Are these guys out to make peoples lives miserable? Do they know what
the term "backward compatibility" means. They should have stayed in
the SCSI business.
====================

----------------
More Joke Begins
----------------

From: devnulluser
Subject: Unreadable .CL5/.CIF files after updating from ECDC 5.0 to
Date: 10/11/01 5.02b

I created some CD images in ECDC 5.0 some time ago where ECDC 5.0
created .CIF and .CL5 files. I then created .ISO images.

I already know ECDC 5.0 cannot re-open .ISO files and other .ISO burning
software cannot read Roxio's proprietary .ISO files.

However, after updating from ECDC 5.0 to 5.02b, the .CL5/.CIF files are
no longer readable.

Is this a known ECDC 5.0x bug?

Will ECDC 5.1 be able to read previous .CL5/.CIF files created by
ECDC 5.0 through 5.02b?
========================

-----------------------
cRoxio, What a joke !!!
-----------------------
Old November 13th 03, 10:43 PM
smh

Mike Richter (Slimy Scum) wrote:

Paul wrote:

Like many others I have switched from Roxio Easy CD to Nero - I am using
version 6 and it rocks!

However I have created many Jewel Case inserts using the Easy CD built in
Label creator and I would like to convert these ".jwl files" somehow in
order that Nero can use them. Is there a way?

Also is there any way for Nero to recognise ".cl3" and ".cl4" files?

I would rather not reinstall Roxio alongside Nero.

No, Roxio uses proprietary formats. You may be able to translate the
.cl3 and .cl4 files with ISOBuster

IsoBuster "may" be able to translate, Mikey? When the format is so
proprietary that not even cRoxio itself is unable to translate? What a
SLIMY SCUM!

cRoxio does not understand the format even within a version!

Roxio - What a Joke !!!
(excerpt)
More Joke Begins