power supply not working

Old April 12th 06, 09:48 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default power supply not working

i have a compaq 2100 and recently the power supplys don't seem to be working
i'm on my third powersupply and it wont stay on charge i have to keep moving
the plug at the back of the laptop otherwise it keeps running on battery and
then switching off can anyone help?

Old April 12th 06, 01:19 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

You posted earlier
It was my analogy that the socket in the laptop
that accepts the external charger was bad.
I also relayed that is what killed the other power supplies.
I also relayed that it is most likely causing the overheating.

What is inside the internals
I do not know how the power input connector links to the unit.
If it is hard wired to the board it would be a simple task for me to replace
it.
Ben would know this answer.

Old April 12th 06, 01:51 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Possibly a loose power connector on the notebook motherboard, unfortunately all
too common with HPaq notebooks... Ben Myers

Old April 12th 06, 02:09 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

i have a compaq 2100 and recently the power supplys don't seem to be
working
i'm on my third powersupply and it wont stay on charge i have to keep
moving
the plug at the back of the laptop otherwise it keeps running on battery
and
then switching off can anyone help?

Probably only needs the power socket resoldering or if it is really damaged,
a replacement socket fitting. That is if one can be obtained as power
sockets are hard to come by.
Expect to pay around £90 + Vat.
If it cannot be repaired it will need a replacement motherboard which will
render it, scrap for spares only.

Try: www.laptopsrepair.co.uk

Old April 12th 06, 06:40 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

If your unit is a preasrio 2100 laptop
The jack is not part of the motherboard
It is a separate part
I believe
Ben would know for sure.
My memory is not as good as it used to be