Deskpro EN, AGP slot specs/voltage req's

Old October 5th 05, 10:28 PM

Default Deskpro EN, AGP slot specs/voltage req's

I have a Deskpro EN (sticker reads ENC/P733...) and would like to a
intall video card to drive a larger monitor, bypassing the built-in
Intel video and the removing AIMM video memory thingie.

I have reseached here, compaq/hp website, etc. but cannot say for sure
if the AGP slot is 3.3V or not, and/or it is a 2X kind. Critical info,
I think, as wrong voltage combination could do serious damage as I
understand.

FYI, I ran a utilty called PC Wizard, which says it is a 4X AGP slot
which sounds bogus...

So, am I correct in assuming it is an AGP 2X 3.3 volts..?

Old October 6th 05, 04:29 PM

Would it be safer to just put in a PCI video card and not have to worry
about frying AGP card and/or motherboard...?

This system is just for office-type use, no demanding video needs
here...

-j

Old October 6th 05, 05:48 PM
HH

Check some of the lower end ATI Radeon AGP cards. Many used to be 2x/4x/8x
compatible. My Radeon 9200 256MB card is.

HH

oups.com...

Old October 7th 05, 12:32 AM
Ben Myers

And voltage compatible, which is what is most important.
3.3v-only AGP cards will only go in an older AGP slot, keyed accordingly.
1.5v-only AGP cards will only go in an newer P4 AGP slot, keyed accordingly.
Dual-voltage AGP cards work in either, and they have the two "keys", or slits in
their connectors to fit in either type of slot.

There is no harm done by attempting to install a card designed for lower voltage
into a higher voltage AGP slot. The card simply will not fit in the slot.

.... Ben Myers

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 12:48:58 -0400, "HH" wrote:

Check some of the lower end ATI Radeon AGP cards. Many used to be 2x/4x/8x
compatible. My Radeon 9200 256MB card is.

HH

roups.com...