CPU prices are all over the place

Old September 30th 06, 08:07 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

Default CPU prices are all over the place

Anybody else notice how you can find prices for the same CPU
fluctuating from $100-$500 even among well-known stores? I currently
see two or three different AMD CPUs like that.

Old September 30th 06, 09:04 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Christo

"John Doe" wrote in message

Anybody else notice how you can find prices for the same CPU
fluctuating from $100-$500 even among well-known stores? I currently
see two or three different AMD CPUs like that.

Yes I purchased an AMD 3800 AM2 processor for £72 nt long ago from
ebuyer.co.uk, shortly after I purchased it the price rocketed upto £188, its
back at £72 now though, weird or what?

Old September 30th 06, 05:58 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

"Christo" chris@ no spamming juststuff.co.uk wrote:

"John Doe" wrote in message

Anybody else notice how you can find prices for the same CPU
fluctuating from $100-$500 even among well-known stores? I
currently see two or three different AMD CPUs like that.

Yes I purchased an AMD 3800 AM2 processor for £72 nt long ago from
ebuyer.co.uk, shortly after I purchased it the price rocketed upto
£188, its back at £72 now though, weird or what?

Here is a current example.

OSA152BNBOX (AMD Opteron 152)
As far as I can tell, there are five left, that's six minus one .
Apparently the Opteron 152 is the same processor as the Athlon 64
FX-55.

On PriceGrabber, the prices range from $175-$550, about half of the
stores have it in the $200 range then it jumps to the 400s,
ZipZoomfly has it for $422. Not listed, NewEgg has it for $410.
Apparently all are for a new retail box product. Will see.

Good luck and have fun.

Old October 1st 06, 12:51 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

Here's another example, but I don't know if maybe it's the same AMD CPU
with a different name.

AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 retail box

The price range shipping included reported by PriceGrabber:

$440 - $960

The price on NewEgg:

$240

Old October 1st 06, 04:41 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

I wrote:

OSA152BNBOX (AMD Opteron 152)
ZipZoomfly has it for $422

dropped to $169 today

Knowing ZipZoomfly, that's probably going to be the lowest price
shipping included.

They say the supply is low, but that doesn't make sense. Maybe AMD has
a bunch of them to get rid of.

Old October 1st 06, 10:19 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
johns

Probably the high priced sites are going out of
business, and not updating their web pages.

johns

Old October 1st 06, 10:21 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

"johns" johns321 moscow.com wrote:

Probably the high priced sites are going out of
business, and not updating their web pages.

That's not what's happening. You need to read and go look
at the example I provided.

johns

From: "johns" johns321 moscow.com
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt