cd-rw's

Old August 3rd 03, 12:51 AM
Levance

Default cd-rw's

I have a CD-RW that I burned as CD-R (no multi-session) and I can read the
disk in my cd-rom drive. However I can not get the disk to work in my burner
so that I can erase it. This is not the first time that I have had a CD-RW
fail. I also had a CD-RW fail when I was using it as a floppy disk.

Question, am I doing something wrong when using the disks or is this normal
for RW's to fail like this?

PIII 667
Win 2000 SP4
512 MB ram

Old August 3rd 03, 03:13 AM
Justin Thompson

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 22:00:05 -0400, "Levance" wrote:

You are way behind the times - 5.5.10.5 is not the latest version -
5.5.10.42 is the latest version of 5.5, but now 6 is out!!

Cheers.

The latest version of Nero 5.5.10.5. For some reason the CD burner will not
recognize the disk. Nero and the burner think there is no disk in the drive.
BTW it is a Yamaha drive.

Old August 3rd 03, 03:31 AM
Levance

Well I find that surprising. I just set this machine up and downloaded what
I thought was the latest version from Nero's web site. BTW I got the version
wrong it's 5.5.10.35. Do you think the revised software will solve my
problems?

Old August 3rd 03, 05:19 AM
An & Larry

Levance wrote:
I have a CD-RW that I burned as CD-R (no multi-session) and I can read the
disk in my cd-rom drive. However I can not get the disk to work in my burner
so that I can erase it. This is not the first time that I have had a CD-RW
fail. I also had a CD-RW fail when I was using it as a floppy disk.

Question, am I doing something wrong when using the disks or is this normal
for RW's to fail like this?

PIII 667
Win 2000 SP4
512 MB ram

If you closed the disc (you wrote 'no multisession'?) then I don't think
you can erase or write to it again. The disc is as good as locked. I
believe you have to close the session, but not close the disc in order
to be able to erase it later. I hope I am using the right
terminology...at least that's what I remember from my CD burner.

--
A & L

Support your local PJ

Old August 3rd 03, 03:58 PM
S3Trio

My experience over the last four years has been when writing to disks after
it appears the writing process has halted the light will come on after a
random amount of seconds and continue to write to the disk for 5 seconds or
so. I have ruined a few CD-RW disks using copy and paste because I accessed
the disk before it was done writing. As far as burning to a CD-RW I have had
problems because I didn't change the speed in the program that my burner was
rated for CD-RW 8X from CD-R 12 X and I ruined the CD-RW disk. This may or
may not be your problem however it was for me before I figured out what I
was doing wrong so I pass it on.

Just my take on it, my two cents if you will.

S3.