Citylink in good service shocker...

Old September 17th 03, 11:47 PM
Rob

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:50:06 +0100, Crossbow wrote:

Haven't tried Securicor Omega, Nightspeed, Nightfreight, Business
Post, UPS, DHL, Parcel Force (and won't be), NCN or APC, so any
experiences of those (or others I've forgotten) appreciated.

We've gone back to using APC after a brief trial with UPS.
UPS collect too early in the afternoon, and their procedure for
claiming on damage is painful and protracted.

Always looking for better though...
Old September 18th 03, 01:00 AM
a1essex.com

"scorpio18" wrote in message
I'd give Nightspeed a miss. My previous job used to use them and, although
they came on time every day for collection, the rate of damaged goods and
late deliveries increased.

--
Scorpio

I agree, i think i bought some gear from your company via you, and they
delivered, and they were proper sh*te, I dont think they were ever about in
the daytime

andy

Old September 18th 03, 01:05 AM
a1essex.com

"Rob" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:50:06 +0100, Crossbow wrote:

Haven't tried Securicor Omega, Nightspeed, Nightfreight, Business
Post, UPS, DHL, Parcel Force (and won't be), NCN or APC, so any
experiences of those (or others I've forgotten) appreciated.

We've gone back to using APC after a brief trial with UPS.
UPS collect too early in the afternoon, and their procedure for
claiming on damage is painful and protracted.

Always looking for better though...

early afternoon, City-link pick up from me sometimes at 11.am or earlier,
they wont come back later.

ANC gave me very good prices, but that was on 48 hour service, a lot of
people use them compared to RM for small packs, ill find the rates but i
think any weight for £4something + vat for City type Packs was starting
point, which i think is cheap, ive also had them deliver a lot of 48 hour
stuff next day, so are not too bad, even though they drive LDV's

andy

Old September 18th 03, 08:18 AM
Crossbow

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 23:47:24 +0100, Rob
wrote:

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:50:06 +0100, Crossbow wrote:

Haven't tried Securicor Omega, Nightspeed, Nightfreight, Business
Post, UPS, DHL, Parcel Force (and won't be), NCN or APC, so any
experiences of those (or others I've forgotten) appreciated.

We've gone back to using APC after a brief trial with UPS.
UPS collect too early in the afternoon, and their procedure for
claiming on damage is painful and protracted.

Always looking for better though...

How have APC been generally? Do you deal with a local depot, or do
you get directed to a "call centre". The latter never works for us.
City Link in particular just *never* return calls.
Old September 18th 03, 12:46 PM
Rob S

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 08:18:40 +0100, "Crossbow" wrote:

-How have APC been generally? Do you deal with a local depot, or do
-you get directed to a "call centre". The latter never works for us.
-City Link in particular just *never* return calls.

"Generally" OK. Our local depot are very responsive - they will send a courier
to collect even if we ring them at 4pm. However on the downside they are very
much franchise operated - anyone with a white van. So we get all sorts through
the door, most of whom are strangers to a deoderant bottle. At least with UPS it
was the same person each time. Sometimes with APC (also called hand delivery) we
get such old fellas they can barely lift the stuff up and down the stairs......

They also ship to Ireland quicker than UPS.

Not a great record with damaged or missing goods though, hence always on the
lookout for different.
-Rob
robatwork at mail dot com

wanted: service manuals ricoh FutureChild Printers 14 March 30th 05 07:25 PM
dvd burner.. which one? db General 8 June 27th 04 07:47 PM
NVIDIA Display Driver Service Mr. Grinch Nvidia Videocards 19 May 3rd 04 10:51 PM
Service Tag -> Express Service Code mathematical conversion? Benjamin Chan Dell Computers 0 December 30th 03 12:35 AM