Any recourse if you have been stiffed?

Old September 16th 03, 08:42 PM
Bob Eager

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 16:13:50 UTC, Kingdom
wrote:

The courier we used to send Mr Walsh's case and motherboard managed to
lose them. We put a claim on the courier and they told us that they
would deal directly with Mr Walsh and we 'needn't worry'.

After this thread was pointed out to us at the weekend, on Monday
morning we attempted to contact the courier's to find out what the
situation was. Surprise, surprise - we dial the number all we get was
a BT ding dong and 'the number you have dialled has not been
recognised'. I contacted BT to be told that 'this number is no longer
in service'. So it rather looks like the courier has either changed
their number or disappeared up their own exhaust pipe.

So why was the order still listed as 'pending', and why were emails not
answered?

--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70...

Old September 17th 03, 07:17 AM
wwwild

"Kingdom" wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 18:27:34 +0100, "wwwild"
wrote:

Is there any recourse if one has been stiffed--items ordered, paid for,
never shipped?

Just subscribed to this list and don't see an FAQ - if this is answered
there please post location.

I ordered about 200? (from Rep. Ireland) of equipment from
www.kingdomkomputers.co.uk in March. Initially had phone calls with them
and eMail, but nothing ever turned up. Credit card was of course
immediately charged. Of course no eMail is ever answered and phone is
eternally engaged. Website still seems to be active, but shows my order

as
pending. Is there anything (legally of course) that can be done

(especially
seeing as I don't live in the UK)?

www

If our earlier reply seemed terse, I apologise, I thought it better to
keep it short and to the point.

To expand a little.

The courier we used to send Mr Walsh's case and motherboard managed to
lose them. We put a claim on the courier and they told us that they
would deal directly with Mr Walsh and we 'needn't worry'.

After this thread was pointed out to us at the weekend, on Monday
morning we attempted to contact the courier's to find out what the
situation was. Surprise, surprise - we dial the number all we get was
a BT ding dong and 'the number you have dialled has not been
recognised'. I contacted BT to be told that 'this number is no longer
in service'. So it rather looks like the courier has either changed
their number or disappeared up their own exhaust pipe.

We immediately refunded Mr Walsh's credit card and posted the first
reply.

Last night we attempted to telephone Mr Walsh to apologise in person,
his number was engaged and we will try again this evening.

We are a small company and we do make the odd mistake but, as a couple
of people have said, we do have a good reputation and we always try
hard to sort problems out.

Sincerely

Tim Kay
Kingdom Komputers

I spoke with Tim last night on the telephone and he assures me we will get
this sorted out.

His attempt to refund via the credit card failed (as I predicted) because my
card has since expired and been re-issued. He is quite willing to post me a
Sterling check, but recognizes that to process that here in Euro-land would
most likely result in ridiculous bank fees. So we discussed two other
courses of action and I will cover these with Tim offline.

I appreciate everyone's input here and will report back once this is finally
resolved.

www