My MSI K7N2 Delta L main board goes back to newegg tomorrow

Old July 7th 03, 12:59 AM
No Data Sent

Default My MSI K7N2 Delta L main board goes back to newegg tomorrow

Please tell me if I'm making a mistake by sending it back. Right now I
have it running at 11 x 200 with the vcore set at 1.725. It will post
at 2300 but windows will not load. I can live with that. CPU temp is
32C and it's been as high as 40C under load ( the room is 79F right
now). Dawn Demo and 3dmark2001 & 2003 run smooth. The thing that
concerns me is that the vcore ranges from 1.70 to 1.81 while set at
1.725 (according to motherboard monitor & the MSI monitoring
software). If vcore is set to 1.75 (MB supports 1.80) no post & must
be reset. Something seems way wrong with the vcore and I'm worried
what the long term results will be. Thoughts?
Old July 7th 03, 03:21 AM
+c0re-

If it's fluctuating between 1.7 and 1.8 while the system is on, I don't
think it should be doing that.
I've had boards before where the vcore was always 0.5v higher than what it
was set to in the bios, but never had one that fluctuated. Only things I
could guess would be maybe the power supply or the board voltage regulators
may be faulty.

good luck