Corsair PC 3200 or PC 3500?

Old June 27th 03, 08:34 AM
Ben Pope

Chi wrote:
The new corsairs has platinum heatspreaders it is just an marketing
ploy and basically underneath the same as the ram with the black
heatspreaders.

Yep.

the 3200ll is a bascially a 3500 ram but renamed to 3200ll as it can
run at aggressive timimgs at 200fsb, and the 3500 will do a better
job in reaching a high fsb.

Indeed, which is why I said both should be LL versions. However, there
appears not to be a 3500LL.

Ben

Old June 27th 03, 06:17 PM
Courseyauto

Usually you get 2700C2, 2700LL, 3200C2, 3200LL etc. All of the TwinX,
except the 3700 is also LL. Looks like they're stretched to get 233MHz
working at all, let alone with aggressive timings.

The 3500 is not LL either......................

Old June 29th 03, 11:49 PM
Toby Groves

In article , Ben Pope
writes
Chi wrote:
The new corsairs has platinum heatspreaders it is just an marketing
ploy and basically underneath the same as the ram with the black
heatspreaders.

Yep.

They've gone back to black now I think. I've had three lots of Corsair
XMS, the first were black, the second silver and the third black again.
--
Toby