ERGO - praise

Old September 15th 03, 07:47 PM
GB

Default ERGO - praise

My son was issued with a laptop by his LEA. They got it from ERGO.

It took me six months to realise that they installed a CD-Rom instead of a
DVD/CD-writer. Immediately this was pointed out to Ergo, they arranged to
courier out the correct unit and collect the wrong one (though what they
will do with a second-hand CD-rom is anyone's guess).

Clearly, it was wrong of them to make the mistake in the first place, but
their response when it was pointed out was superb. No quibbles or arguments.
Not the cheapest, but they have a good reputation.

Maybe others should learn from this?

Geoff

Old September 16th 03, 01:22 AM
tHatDudeUK

"GB" wrote in message
My son was issued with a laptop by his LEA. They got it from ERGO.

Hmmm, which LEA is this? I've only known of someone who got a Desktop PC....

Clearly, it was wrong of them to make the mistake in the first place, but
their response when it was pointed out was superb. No quibbles or

arguments.
Not the cheapest, but they have a good reputation.

That's why LEA will give these companies the money and pay for the
warranties because they know at the end of the day you aren't going to go
back and say to them look it's broke or something.... These companies also
have the advantageous position of almost charging the LEA what they like as
they know they'll pay it....

Old September 16th 03, 07:53 PM
GB

"tHatDudeUK" wrote in message

"GB" wrote in message
My son was issued with a laptop by his LEA. They got it from ERGO.

Hmmm, which LEA is this? I've only known of someone who got a Desktop

PC....

This was agreed by them two days before the tribunal hearing - enough said?

Clearly, it was wrong of them to make the mistake in the first place,

but
their response when it was pointed out was superb. No quibbles or

arguments.
Not the cheapest, but they have a good reputation.

That's why LEA will give these companies the money and pay for the
warranties because they know at the end of the day you aren't going to go
back and say to them look it's broke or something.... These companies also
have the advantageous position of almost charging the LEA what they like

as
they know they'll pay it....

I was not paying, but my recollection is that the price was okay - not
brilliant but not outrageously high either. I don't think the LEAs have a
lot of dosh, and I think they did pretty well on this.

Old September 18th 03, 08:31 AM
SimonG Ltd.

"GB" wrote in message
My son was issued with a laptop by his LEA. They got it from ERGO.

Hmmm, which LEA is this? I've only known of someone who got a Desktop

PC....

Clearly, it was wrong of them to make the mistake in the first place,

but
their response when it was pointed out was superb. No quibbles or

arguments.
Not the cheapest, but they have a good reputation.

That's why LEA will give these companies the money and pay for the
warranties because they know at the end of the day you aren't going to go
back and say to them look it's broke or something.... These companies also
have the advantageous position of almost charging the LEA what they like

as
they know they'll pay it....

Sorry but you are talking rubbish . . . . this kind of laptop procurement
has to be done according to OJEC rules because the buyer is a public body .
.. . generally prices are very good. A number of vendors are invited to
tender and they have to supply the equipment for evaluation as well as
having support evaluated, it is a very thorough process . . . . value for
money is key.

regards, SimonG

Old September 18th 03, 11:10 AM
tHatDudeUK

"SimonG Ltd." wrote in message
Sorry but you are talking rubbish . . . . this kind of laptop procurement
has to be done according to OJEC rules because the buyer is a public body

..
. . generally prices are very good. A number of vendors are invited to
tender and they have to supply the equipment for evaluation as well as
having support evaluated, it is a very thorough process . . . . value for
money is key.

Maybe I'm just too opposed to extended warranties... From what I have seen
though the backup provided *IS* worth the paper it's written on which in the
world of Dixons, PC World et al is refreshingly different.