Cheap source of 60mm / Slot 1 CPU fans?

Old September 15th 03, 04:11 PM
Paul Hutchings

Default Cheap source of 60mm / Slot 1 CPU fans?

We need some for spares, finding them isn't a huge problem, but I'm having
a job finding them for less that £8 or so each, which seems a lot of money
for something so basic.. any suggestions on a cheap source?

I need the basic 60mm x 15mm 3-pin type that swrew onto a PII Slot 1
cooler.

regards,
Paul
paul at spamcop.net
Old September 15th 03, 08:39 PM
nigel. carron

In message , Paul
Hutchings writes
We need some for spares, finding them isn't a huge problem, but I'm having
a job finding them for less that £8 or so each, which seems a lot of money
for something so basic.. any suggestions on a cheap source?

I need the basic 60mm x 15mm 3-pin type that swrew onto a PII Slot 1
cooler.

regards,
Paul

Most slot 1 coolers I have ever seen were 50mm fans..??

--
njc AKA (Fastpay, Paypal & nochex e-mail)
Old September 16th 03, 06:12 PM
Faster Freddy

http://www.kingdomkomputers.co.uk/pr...roducts_id=157

Old September 16th 03, 06:31 PM
Paul Hutchings

"nigel. carron" wrote in
:

Most slot 1 coolers I have ever seen were 50mm fans..??

When I measured the whole diagonal it came out at around 57mm with around
50mm between the screwholes - I assumed it'd be 60mm, though I also imagine
these things are standard in which case it's my mistake and we probably do
need 50mm.

I'll measure again tomorrow and if that's the case the link to KK looks
promising - you reach a point where you dick about so long looking for a
bargain that it costs more than going to RS to start with :-)

regards
Paul
paul at spamcop.net
Old September 16th 03, 09:17 PM
nigel. carron

In message , Paul
Hutchings writes
When I measured the whole diagonal it came out at around 57mm with
around 50mm between the screwholes - I assumed it'd be 60mm, though I
also imagine these things are standard in which case it's my mistake
and we probably do need 50mm.

I'll measure again tomorrow and if that's the case the link to KK looks
promising - you reach a point where you dick about so long looking for
a bargain that it costs more than going to RS to start with :-)

Fans are always measured across sides -
--
njc AKA (Fastpay, Paypal & nochex e-mail)