yellow blinking battery light

Old April 15th 08, 07:13 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
John Callaway

Default yellow blinking battery light

I have a Packard-Bell Easynote Laptop F0336-V-089 with Intel Celeron
MCU 440 @ 1.86 GHZ processor with 2 gig of memory. Why does the yellow
charging light always blink? It did not always do that. It used to
show steady green when charged. Now it blinks yellow all the time. ny
suggestions? I run it with the ac power connected to the charger all
the time. A

JPC
Old April 15th 08, 02:55 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Elector

"John Callaway" wrote in message
I have a Packard-Bell Easynote Laptop F0336-V-089 with Intel Celeron
MCU 440 @ 1.86 GHZ processor with 2 gig of memory. Why does the yellow
charging light always blink? It did not always do that. It used to
show steady green when charged. Now it blinks yellow all the time. ny
suggestions? I run it with the ac power connected to the charger all
the time. A

JPC

Could be many things. First off recondition the battery by discharging it
and then charging it. They may be a utility program built into the lap top.

Also it could be a bad charging/power cord in which case the cord should be
replaced. And if its not the cord it could be a loose connector where the
charging cord/cable attaches to in which case it would have to be serviced
by a qualified computer repair person.

But I would fully discharge and recharge the battery first before anything
else.

I hope I helped?

Elector

Old April 16th 08, 05:56 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
John Callaway

Do I fully discharge it by just running the laptop until it dies?

JPC

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 13:55:37 GMT, "Elector"
wrote:

.. .

Old April 16th 08, 12:24 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Elector

"John Callaway" wrote in message
Do I fully discharge it by just running the laptop until it dies?

JPC

There is several ways to discharge the battery. You could run the lap top
until it dies, or you can use the battery reconditioning program most lap
tops have in their software settings. (Utility)

The problem is if you don't use this method first and it is a power cable,
or a power cord problem then the lap top would not charge at all. Try the
discharge/charge utility on the laptop to see if this cures your problem.

Elector

Old April 17th 08, 02:44 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
metronid

On Apr 16, 7:24*am, "Elector" wrote:
"John Callaway" wrote in message

Do I fully discharge it by just running the laptop until it dies?

JPC

There is several ways to discharge the battery. You could run the lap top
until it dies, or you can use the battery reconditioning program most lap
tops have in their software settings. (Utility)

The problem is if you don't use this method first and it is a power cable,
or a power cord problem then the lap top would not charge at all. Try the
discharge/charge utility on the laptop to see if this cures your problem.

Elector

Just for a moment let me forget that it is a laptop.
I will go back to my basic electronics.
The light is a charging light.
It indicates charging.
Charging for the battery.
When powering with the external supply
Two things occur.
You power the laptop and still place a charge on the battery.
If battery is bad the light will or if battery is charging.
The light has a resistor across it and will show shine when a voltage
is seen across it.
This will occur when charging as a voltage drop will occur across the
resistor.
hence the light will blink.
There are also otther ways for the light to shine.
In any case the battery is probably kaput

Have you tried to see how long it will run on battery alone.
I doubt the charging indicator is bad
Can happen

I doubt it

Old April 17th 08, 12:53 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Elector

"metronid" wrote in message
snip
[...]

Damn, I forgot the obvious. A bad battery....!
Its been a long week........

Elector

Old April 19th 08, 02:53 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
John Callaway

it is a new battery

JPC

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 11:53:59 GMT, "Elector"
wrote:

snip

Old April 20th 08, 11:21 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
metronid

On Apr 18, 9:53*pm, John Callaway wrote:
it is a new battery

JPC

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 11:53:59 GMT, "Elector"
wrote:

"metronid" wrote in message
snip
[...]

Elector- Hide quoted text -

The battery can be bad
Even if new

This type of battery is not your normal 2 prong battery
They contain built in circuity also
They do come bad when new
Even people come that way
Old April 21st 08, 12:47 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Elector

"metronid" wrote in message
snip
The battery can be bad
Even if new

This type of battery is not your normal 2 prong battery
They contain built in circuity also
They do come bad when new
Even people come that way

That is true about the battery and people. You can also just take the
battery to radio shack or another computer company and have them check it
and see if it is defective. In fact you have a warranty and simply go back
and exchange the battery and see if that fixes the problem.

Elector