ASUS T2P4 108 MHz PLL setting

Old March 6th 05, 12:21 PM
Randall Flagg

Default ASUS T2P4 108 MHz PLL setting

I have my K6-III+ 500 running at 6x 83.3 on my good old T2P4. I remembered
that there was although a setting for 108 MhZ which would result in
6x108=648 MHz or 5.5x108=595 MHz. Problem was the FSB (=1/2 bus clock)
getting to high. So I checked the datasheet for the PhaseLink PLL52C61-01
and found out that if the PCI signal on the PLL is set to low state the PCI
bus is running at fix 32 MHz. This is the case for all frequency selections.

The 108 MHz mode is listed as "test" - whatever this means. I think its the
speed of the internal PLL itself? I wonder if the 108 MHz setting will work
with PCI pin set to low signal (any idea how to do this?). Any comments on
this?

RFS