File recovery from an SD card?

Old May 8th 07, 03:54 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Al Dykes

Default File recovery from an SD card?

On an XP machine, when trying to dopy a .MOV file from anSD card, iot
goes through themotions and then dire with a DOS error. This happens
in both file exporer, draging a copy to C: and in a cmd box. I can CD
to F; and then copy mumble.mov to C.

It's one movie file. Is there a tool or trick to copy as much as
possible and then close the file properly?

On an XP machine, when trying to copy a .MOV file from an SD card, it
goes through the motions and then dies with a DOS error. This happens
in both file explorer, dragging a copy to C: and in a cmd box. I can
CD to F; and then copy mumble.mov to C and it shows disk activity and
then dies.

--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m
Old May 8th 07, 06:07 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Arno Wagner

Previously Al Dykes wrote:

On an XP machine, when trying to dopy a .MOV file from anSD card, iot
goes through themotions and then dire with a DOS error. This happens
in both file exporer, draging a copy to C: and in a cmd box. I can CD
to F; and then copy mumble.mov to C.

It's one movie file. Is there a tool or trick to copy as much as
possible and then close the file properly?

On an XP machine, when trying to copy a .MOV file from an SD card, it
goes through the motions and then dies with a DOS error. This happens
in both file explorer, dragging a copy to C: and in a cmd box. I can
CD to F; and then copy mumble.mov to C and it shows disk activity and
then dies.

It's one movie file. Is there a tool or trick to copy as much as
possible and then close the file properly?

Well, I do not know wnay Windows tool for that, but
dd_Rescue under Linux (e.g. on the Knoppix CD-Linux)
is designed to copy files with read-errors in them.

Syntax is

dd_rescue source target

and you can do things like copy from a position or copy backwards.

Arno
Old May 8th 07, 07:48 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Rod Speed

Al Dykes wrote

On an XP machine, when trying to dopy a .MOV file from anSD card, iot
goes through themotions and then dire with a DOS error. This happens
in both file exporer, draging a copy to C: and in a cmd box. I can CD
to F; and then copy mumble.mov to C.

It's one movie file. Is there a tool or trick to copy as
much as possible and then close the file properly?

On an XP machine, when trying to copy a .MOV file from an SD card, it
goes through the motions and then dies with a DOS error. This happens
in both file explorer, dragging a copy to C: and in a cmd box. I can CD to
F; and then copy mumble.mov to C and it shows disk activity and then dies.

It's one movie file. Is there a tool or trick to copy as much as
possible and then close the file properly?

Try http://www.infinadyne.com/
Its CD/DVD tool is quite effective and they have added one for SD cards, havent tried the SD card
one tho.

Pretty decent guarantee, no real risk in trying it.

File Recovery Brad O Storage (alternative) 7 December 2nd 04 02:41 AM
File recovery tools? gja1 Cdr 4 January 8th 04 09:21 PM
File Recovery Utility? John Homebuilt PC's 6 September 12th 03 10:16 PM
File Recovery Utility? John Homebuilt PC's 1 September 10th 03 12:41 AM
file recovery for msword doc BFM General 4 September 4th 03 04:48 PM