Inspiron 9400 with XP?

Old March 20th 07, 08:30 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ron Hardin

Default Inspiron 9400 with XP?

Has anybody ordered a I9400 with XP? The site seems to allow it until
you get to the operating system choice, which is all vista.

I thought it might make a nice replacement desktop for when this
win95 machine bites the dust, no power consumption and built-in UPS.

But not with crippleware on it.

--
Ron Hardin

Old March 20th 07, 10:53 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

"Ron Hardin" wrote in message
Has anybody ordered a I9400 with XP? The site seems to allow it until
you get to the operating system choice, which is all vista.

I thought it might make a nice replacement desktop for when this
win95 machine bites the dust, no power consumption and built-in UPS.

But not with crippleware on it.

Choose the system, then click on the green "customize with Windows XP"
button....

http://www.dell.com/content/products...=04&l=en&s=bsd

Stew

Old March 21st 07, 12:22 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ron Hardin

S.Lewis wrote:

"Ron Hardin" wrote in message
..
Has anybody ordered a I9400 with XP? The site seems to allow it until
you get to the operating system choice, which is all vista.

I thought it might make a nice replacement desktop for when this
win95 machine bites the dust, no power consumption and built-in UPS.

But not with crippleware on it.

Choose the system, then click on the green "customize with Windows XP"
button....

http://www.dell.com/content/products...=04&l=en&s=bsd

Stew

Good thing I asked. That's the page I've been looking at. I looked at it again,
searched all over, no green button. Yet you say there is one.

It turns out it doesn't work with Firefox!

It shows up with IE.

--
Ron Hardin

Old March 21st 07, 12:25 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

"Ron Hardin" wrote in message
S.Lewis wrote:

"Ron Hardin" wrote in message
..
Has anybody ordered a I9400 with XP? The site seems to allow it until
you get to the operating system choice, which is all vista.

I thought it might make a nice replacement desktop for when this
win95 machine bites the dust, no power consumption and built-in UPS.

But not with crippleware on it.

Choose the system, then click on the green "customize with Windows XP"
button....

http://www.dell.com/content/products...=04&l=en&s=bsd

Stew

Good thing I asked. That's the page I've been looking at. I looked at it
again,
searched all over, no green button. Yet you say there is one.

It turns out it doesn't work with Firefox!

It shows up with IE.

I'm using FF 1.5.0 and it shows there. May be a version thing......

Glad you found it in any event.

Old March 21st 07, 12:29 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Dan Sgambelluri

S.Lewis wrote:
"Ron Hardin" wrote in message
S.Lewis wrote:
"Ron Hardin" wrote in message
..
Has anybody ordered a I9400 with XP? The site seems to allow it until
you get to the operating system choice, which is all vista.

I thought it might make a nice replacement desktop for when this
win95 machine bites the dust, no power consumption and built-in UPS.

But not with crippleware on it.

Choose the system, then click on the green "customize with Windows XP"
button....

http://www.dell.com/content/products...=04&l=en&s=bsd

Stew

Good thing I asked. That's the page I've been looking at. I looked at it
again,
searched all over, no green button. Yet you say there is one.

It turns out it doesn't work with Firefox!

It shows up with IE.

I'm using FF 1.5.0 and it shows there. May be a version thing......

Glad you found it in any event.

I have the latest FF and it works.
Old March 21st 07, 12:30 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ron Hardin

S.Lewis wrote:

"Ron Hardin" wrote in message
..
S.Lewis wrote:

"Ron Hardin" wrote in message
.
Has anybody ordered a I9400 with XP? The site seems to allow it until
you get to the operating system choice, which is all vista.

I thought it might make a nice replacement desktop for when this
win95 machine bites the dust, no power consumption and built-in UPS.

But not with crippleware on it.

Choose the system, then click on the green "customize with Windows XP"
button....

http://www.dell.com/content/products...=04&l=en&s=bsd

Stew

Good thing I asked. That's the page I've been looking at. I looked at it
again,
searched all over, no green button. Yet you say there is one.

It turns out it doesn't work with Firefox!

It shows up with IE.

I'm using FF 1.5.0 and it shows there. May be a version thing......

Glad you found it in any event.

Mine claims to be 1.5.0.10

--
Ron Hardin

Old March 21st 07, 12:30 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ron Hardin

Dan Sgambelluri wrote:

S.Lewis wrote:
"Ron Hardin" wrote in message
..
S.Lewis wrote:
"Ron Hardin" wrote in message
.
[...]

Maybe it's a load images thing, and that button comes from off site
or something. All the other buttons work, though. Strange.
--
Ron Hardin

Old March 21st 07, 12:55 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Notan

Ron Hardin wrote:
Dan Sgambelluri wrote:
S.Lewis wrote:
"Ron Hardin" wrote in message
..
S.Lewis wrote:
"Ron Hardin" wrote in message
.
[...]

Try reloading the page.

--
Notan
Old March 21st 07, 04:05 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ron Hardin

Notan wrote:
Maybe it's a load images thing, and that button comes from off site
or something. All the other buttons work, though. Strange.

Try reloading the page.

It's still not working with my Firefox this morning, with or without
hitting reload. It's seriously unhappy about something on the page.

--
Ron Hardin