Asus P4C800 E Deluxe HDD setup and memory?

Old February 10th 04, 01:28 PM
MT

Default Asus P4C800 E Deluxe HDD setup and memory?

With my intention to use a WD 36GB Raptor 10k 8MB SATA drive as my system
drive and 2 x Maxtor 120GB SATA 7200 8MB drives for data in a RAID 0 array
on the P4C800E Deluxe with 3.2GB , my question is what is the best way to
set this up? For example, which SATA drives do I use on what controller?
Would I use the Raptor drive on the Intel or Promise controller.

Also which RAM would be best? 2 lots of Kingston 512MB PC3200 RAM or Kingmax
512MB PC3500? I know the board is rated at 3200 but I'm assuming if I decide
to dabble in overclocking I need something higher than 3200. The kingmax is
exactly the same price as the Kingstong. Any thoughts?

thanks

Matt