Joystick will not work in certain games

Old September 4th 03, 10:11 PM
Tea Nes

Default Joystick will not work in certain games

I have an Asus P4PE with a SoundMAX built in soundcard with a MS Sidewinder
Force Feedback. Games like IL-2 Sturmovik will work but FS2002 and X-Plane
7.0 will not. How do I check which ID my joystick is using and how do I
change it to ID-1. I'm using XP.

Old September 5th 03, 01:27 AM
Tom F.

I found that on some games (such as Midnight Club 2), I have to open Game
Controllers in Control Panel and let XP recognize the joystick first, then
start the game. I don't have to change any of the settings, just open Game
Controllers. I put a shortcut in my start menu, so it's one click open, one
click close, then play the game.
Tom F.

Optical mice and games DJS0302 General 6 October 17th 04 09:45 PM
PC hardware upgrade advice for kids games sarahandchris Overclocking 3 November 17th 03 12:53 AM
pc upgrade advice needed for kids games sarahandchris General 4 November 13th 03 07:38 AM
Floppy drive won't work Alan Meyer Homebuilt PC's 12 September 1st 03 09:01 PM
crashing games Tomasz Malerczyk Overclocking AMD Processors 1 June 30th 03 02:37 PM