Problems with: VIA VT8363 (KT-133) chipset with Award BIOS v6.00, comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips

Old December 5th 03, 07:46 PM
Yeedl Kraolco

Default Problems with: VIA VT8363 (KT-133) chipset with Award BIOS v6.00, comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips

BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
BIOS ID: 10/05/2000-VT8363-VT686A-6A6LMF09C-00
OEM SIGNON: Version VDA44
SUPER I/O: VIA 686 rev 34 found at port 14h
CHIPSET: VIA 82C305 rev 3
OS: Microsoft Windows XP Version: 5.1.2600

there is a post at http://groups.google.com/groups?q=up...me.nl&r num=3

that describes my exact problem, to a t. i, tho, dont have a ibm
computer, this computer was assembled by some neighborhood shop. uhm.
my computer only freezes when playing games, thats right, about 20min
or so in. i dont know if there is a bios upgrade to this, but ive
suspected long that this is my bios. i tried all the sites but they
sent me to esupports which is a bad idea and im surprised that award
thinks they can get people to pay for a flash update, its no good. id
appreciate any help with the situation. yes, ive messed with my bios
and still nothing, maybe ive not messed with it in the right way. any
help would be appreciated. my friend, who got the same computer as me
had the same exact problem and then he changed his motherboard and it
no longer freezes ever, i was wondering if there are any other
solutions?so no, this isnt a one in a lifetime occurence. uhm, ive
checked to see if its the ram, it isnt, its not the gfx card either,
nor the network card nor anything that i can exchange easily with
another computer. thank you.
Old December 5th 03, 09:54 PM
davetest

On 5 Dec 2003 10:46:02 -0800, (Yeedl Kraolco) wrote:

[...]

According to http://www.wimsbios.com/index.htm?/HTML1/fic.html
Your motherboard is the Fic AZ11. Go to the fix site and download a
new bios.
http://www.fic.com.tw/support/mother...spx?model_id=2

Dave
Old December 7th 03, 09:50 AM
Yeedl Kraolco

davetest wrote in message . ..
[...]

alright, i went there, i downloaded
ftp://ftp.fica.com/mirror/fict/mothe...11_pcb1112.zip

did the thingie, it told me unknown flash type!! and yes, it included
the exlcamation marks, and that was that. am i doing anything wrong?
thanks for the reply tho, much appreciated dave.
Old December 7th 03, 08:42 PM
davetest

On 7 Dec 2003 00:50:07 -0800, (Yeedl Kraolco) wrote:

alright, i went there, i downloaded
ftp://ftp.fica.com/mirror/fict/mothe...11_pcb1112.zip

did the thingie, it told me unknown flash type!! and yes, it included
the exlcamation marks, and that was that. am i doing anything wrong?
thanks for the reply tho, much appreciated dave.

Hello - more info he
http://www.fic.com.tw/support/mother...procedure.aspx
See this about "unknown flash"
http://www.fic.com.tw/support/mother...dure.aspx#tips

If it doesn't help you should contact FIC.
Dave