ASUS BIOS pops up and says, CPU FREQ or something that effect. ASUS ASUS MOBO

Old February 20th 04, 11:21 PM
Jelly

Default ASUS BIOS pops up and says, CPU FREQ or something that effect. ASUS ASUS MOBO

It is a feature. not a bug ( of the new MOTHERBOARDS )

If you power off the bios during the BIOS scan , it does this for you.

The reason.
It assumes YOU set the Processor VITALS incorrectly and is trying to
save all those dummies , from having a board that is dead.

You know. they cant read instuctions and they THINK they can build
motherboards. GEE.

DEAD board gets sent back and vender discovered idiot set clock to 8
GHZ
or some other silly fixed setting that would KILL any CPU.

HOW EVER (ASUS are you "Listening" and that is my reason)

Why not have a ONE BIT in the BIOS CMOS page that says.
FREEZE MY SETTINGS.

then when you get it all working , freeze it.

then when you boot and kill power too soon or as it is comming down
you will never get the DUMMY BIOS page.

THEN, when you click SET BIOS DEFAULTS ,the FREEZE bit sets to FALSE.

NOW THAT would be a NICE ADVANCEMENT IN BIOS Design.

SO , not too bad, I complained and I solved the problem.
Isn't that an amazing concept ?

the Hatchet.

ASUS, ASUS, ASUS, (and others) LOOK LOOK L@@K
for your eyes only MR. ASUS PRODUCT ENGINEER.
Thank you ASUS , I have hundereds of your product. SOME running 6
years 24/7.
Pubic Displays (DOT maps, Fight Information, etc)

Old February 21st 04, 01:36 AM
Philip Callan

KB wrote:
| Is that supposed to be a reply to a post?????????

I think what he means is:

| "Jelly" wrote in message
|It is a feature. not a bug ( of the new MOTHERBOARDS )

It's intentional by design on newer motherboards and chipsets.

|If you power off the bios during the BIOS scan , it does this for you.
|The reason.
|It assumes YOU set the Processor VITALS incorrectly and is trying to
|save all those dummies , from having a board that is dead.

If you reset during a POST, the BIOS assumes your doing it because
something did not detect properly, or you have adjusted a FSB/multiplier
or voltage that could be detrimental and your system MAY not post if
those settings remain.

|DEAD board gets sent back and vender discovered idiot set clock to 8
|GHZ
|or some other silly fixed setting that would KILL any CPU.

A lot of companies were having boards returned as 'faulty' that simply
had settings that were too far out of specification for the users
hardware to POST correctly.

|HOW EVER (ASUS are you "Listening" and that is my reason)
|Why not have a ONE BIT in the BIOS CMOS page that says.
|FREEZE MY SETTINGS.
|then when you get it all working , freeze it.
|then when you boot and kill power too soon or as it is comming down
|you will never get the DUMMY BIOS page.

He thinks that users should have an option in the BIOS to save their
settings, and then if you reset during a post or have a power outage it
should reload those as the defaults.

(which is a bad idea IMHO, what happens when these same 'dummies' he
refers to FREEZE their ****ty settings? Do not past POST, do not collect
~ 200 email)

|THEN, when you click SET BIOS DEFAULTS ,the FREEZE bit sets to FALSE.

Uhmm, no, when you click SET BIOS DEFAULTS, the BIOS SHOULD SET TO
DEFAULT. I can see how english may not be your first language, but that
feature can stay doing exactly what it does, thank you very much.

|NOW THAT would be a NICE ADVANCEMENT IN BIOS Design.

(regression is more like it)

|SO , not too bad, I complained and I solved the problem.
|Isn't that an amazing concept ?

Its a concept, not really all that amazing.

|the Hatchet.

Ah Ha! I knew you couldnt butcher english that easily with just your hands.

|ASUS, ASUS, ASUS, (and others) LOOK LOOK L@@K

Obviously wants us to look at something.

|for your eyes only MR. ASUS PRODUCT ENGINEER.

Oh wait, he doesnt mean us, he wants someone else.

|Thank you ASUS , I have hundereds of your product. SOME running 6
|years 24/7.

Thats because ASUS makes quality boards, always has, always will

I hope, at least until the CPU/GPU/MB/Flash storage can get squeezed
onto a single chip Then I'm selling my soul for one, unless PC-Chips
makes it (eeep)

Philip