Anyone try P5W DH Deluxe/BIOS 2205 Beta/E6X50 Combo

Old July 26th 07, 03:57 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Donald White

Default Anyone try P5W DH Deluxe/BIOS 2205 Beta/E6X50 Combo

Has anyone run one of the ASUS 975X based MBs with a E6X50 CPU at 1333
FSB using the latest BIOSes?

Thanks,

Don
Old July 26th 07, 06:26 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
William

"Donald White" wrote in message
Has anyone run one of the ASUS 975X based MBs with a E6X50 CPU at 1333 FSB
using the latest BIOSes?

Thanks,

Don

Try:
http://vip.asus.com/forum/topic.aspx...nguag e=en-us

The official support web site for the P5WDH Deluxe. Their is also an
over-clocker's web site that may give you some information. You should be
able to get their address off of ASUS' website. I've seen it posted many
times their.

Some people have reported some problems with the latest BIOS 2205. I have
it, but I have not installed it, as it is still a "Beta" version. I'll wait
for final version before I'll jump in.

I am currently running an E6600, and have been interested in the quad cores
for a while now. Many people are having good responses from the quad cores
on this board.

William

Old July 26th 07, 02:13 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Core2Duo

It would be nice if Asus pulled their finger out because some of us want to
puchase a E6X50 cpu now.

Hop to it Asus!.

Old July 27th 07, 06:02 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Donald White

William wrote:
"Donald White" wrote in message
Has anyone run one of the ASUS 975X based MBs with a E6X50 CPU at 1333 FSB
using the latest BIOSes?

Thanks,

Don

Try:
http://vip.asus.com/forum/topic.aspx...nguag e=en-us

snip

William

Interesting link.

Thanks,

Don
Old July 30th 07, 12:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Core2Duo

Donald,
I just found this link
http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/c...%20DH%20Deluxe
Only prob is minimum bios is 2103,2104 however these are not available to
dl. Only 2205 is available, which is Beta.
Have you had success with 2205 and E6X50 CPU?.

Old July 30th 07, 07:36 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
JamesH

I have the E6600 CPU and if you install this BIOS, you can't remove it. I
tried everything to change back and could not due it, error message telling
me that all previous BIOS files are TOO OLD. Problem with 2205 is that my
Raid does not work, only work around was to run SATAs as IDE. Other than
this I have no problems on my P5W. On a clean install of XP Pro it would
start crashing as I was installing drivers. Safe mode worked but no way to
fix problem.

I hope this helps you in some way. Bottom line, don't install it.

Old July 31st 07, 06:13 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Donald White

I have not tried this combination. This link seems to have the best
info: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=110193

The ASUS FTP link,
ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/asus/mb/so...20DH%20Deluxe/, takes
one to the ASUS ftp server where there is 2206.zip. On page 218,
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...10193&page=218,
there is a report that BIOS 2206 looks pretty good.

I may still wait to see what X38 motherboards look like.