Compatible SATA Burners

Old July 29th 07, 06:15 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Revolt

Default Compatible SATA Burners

"Sam" wrote in message news:klcpi.1443$rX4.1385@pd7urf2no...
Ed Medlin wrote:
So nobody likes any of the above burners for the Asus board?

I have Samsung SH-S183L SATA burner running in enhanced IDE mode on P5K and
have had no issues so far. It's a fairly quiet drive too.

Old July 29th 07, 09:58 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Jim Davis

Ed Medlin wrote:
"RobV" wrote in message
Sam wrote:
I have been reading in some of my local boards that many people are
having various issus with SATA Burners on their Asus boards from XP
having problems IDing the drive to CRC errors. I have the P5PE VM. I
don't have an SATA drives at all in my system.

[snip]

I'm using a LiteOn 20x SATA drive with my P5B-Plus based MB. No
problems with it; works great. I haven't had any experience with any
of the others, so I can't give an informed opinion. I've used LiteOn
CD and DVD drives/burners for years and have not had a problem with
any of them.

I also use a LiteOn SATA DVD R/W drive with no issues at all. It also
seems to work well with about all media I have tried, even the cheap,
on-sale Dynex media.

Ed

Ditto on the Lite-on 20x (forget the exact model #) on ASUS Stricker
Extreme. No issues.......yet!
Old July 30th 07, 06:06 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Pooh-Man

"Jim Davis" wrote in message
. net...
Ditto on the Lite-on 20x (forget the exact model #) on ASUS Stricker
Extreme. No issues.......yet!

If you go to device manager and look at the drive it will tell you the model
number there.