AMD Reccomendation

Old July 8th 04, 03:08 AM
RedRider134

Default AMD Reccomendation

What would be a good model of ASUS motherboard for AMD?

Old July 8th 04, 04:06 AM
Tyrone Jackson

A7N8X
or the deluxe version thereof.

Ty

"RedRider134" wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...
What would be a good model of ASUS motherboard for AMD?

Old July 8th 04, 05:14 AM
Centurion

RedRider134 wrote:

What would be a good model of ASUS motherboard for AMD?

If you want an Athlon64 system, I would go for something in the K8V range
(again). My K8V SE Deluxe is fantastic, even with a quibble regarding a
fan header not sensing the speed (PSU fan - no biggie). YMMV but I would
still recommend this board.

James
--
The Ruffed Pandanga of Borneo and Rotherham spreads out his feathers in
his courtship dance and imitates Winston Churchill and Tommy Cooper on

Old July 8th 04, 08:01 AM
john

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 02:08:44 GMT, "RedRider134"
wrote:

What would be a good model of ASUS motherboard for AMD?

Wait for the nforce3 250gb boards for the AMD64.

Should be worth it.

Old July 8th 04, 09:02 AM
Adam S

What would be a good model of ASUS motherboard for AMD?

I read a load of reviews about a month ago and boards based on the nforce
chipset were consistantly regared as the best performing ones.

I built a system on the A7N8X-X board, it does everything I want it to.

Adam S

Old July 8th 04, 10:46 AM
texterted

"RedRider134" wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...
What would be a good model of ASUS motherboard for AMD?

I'd keep to a socket A, until a mainstream OS exists for the 64 bit cpu's.
By which time they will be much faster anyway.

The A7N8X-E Deluxe is a great board, feature rich with high
stability.

Cheers
Ted

Old July 8th 04, 05:51 PM