Problems with computer

Old May 7th 04, 11:06 PM
Paulinho

Default Problems with computer

Hi all i`m a normal Dad thats trying to solve a problem with one of my
computers.... bascily one of my 3 kids is using the computer to view porn...
now despite putting blocking software on and being around most of the time
it still happens.
I`ve asked my 2 boys and daughter what is going on and know of them
know....?

Basicly i have a computer with a home connect web cam.. is there a way of
setting up the computer so the cam works in stealth mode when the computer
is being used... or would this slow the computer down etc etc...

Thanks !

Old May 8th 04, 12:32 AM
bumtracks

maybe the wife is a webcam girl and checks out the competition

my thoughts...
Would think spying on a kid with a video cam certainly builds a shifty
sneaky kid that will never trust you.
maybe - Lighten up dad, might be the bright thing to do, and try something
else to build trust rather than build more distrust.

Old May 8th 04, 01:15 AM
ChadMan

"Paulinho" wrote in message
Hi all i`m a normal Dad thats trying to solve a problem with one of

my
computers.... bascily one of my 3 kids is using the computer to view

porn...
now despite putting blocking software on and being around most of

the time
it still happens.

What are the symptoms? How can you tell this is happening? Do you
think or do you know that the kids are doing this? Are porn sights
just popping up uninvited every time you start Internet explorer?

Do you use a firewall? What operating system are you using? Do you
have antivirus up to date on your system? Do you have windows
messaging service disabled? Have you run a spyware removal tool like
Adaware?

Maybe your not asking the right question here. It is possible that the
kids aren't doing it so much as a site they or you visited that is
causing your troubles. There are lots of ways to find out what is
going on. Bumtracks is right about trusting to an extent. Trust and
education works best. Sometimes best to hide things in plain site.

Problems with most cameras is they have an LED in the face that tells
when they are on. You'd have to fix that or your idea wouldn't work.
Besides, the kids would get suspicious if the cam was pointing over
their shoulder.

You really have not given enough info about your system and situation.
The camera idea probably wont work. You might need a Keylogger or
such.

Google is your friend!

Old May 8th 04, 10:17 AM
SlAyEr

http://www.msagentsoftware.com/easyf...cam/index.html

stealth webcam software with a live feed if you have another pc......to
watch it on..

also i do a range of timy tiny colour wireless cameras for just this sort of
occasion.....

they are small and discreetand blue tack anywhere.....and transmit their
signal to the receiver for viewing on a tv video or through a capture
card...

of course through the video allows for recording..

they can use a 9 volt battery for short use or be powered by a mains
adapter.....but are 100 percent wireless...

they sell in my local gadget shop for 100 uk pounds...with no power adapters
or scart adapter

im doing them for 60...(plus p+p).bargain ,, comes with power adapters and
scart adapter....

stick one behind the kid stuck to some furniture and record everything they
do from over their shoulder

then watch it back with them after tea....email me for more details..

but i do strongly suggest before all this.....

you make sure you have proff one of them is watching porn...and not just
clicked a link that took them

there without their knowledge...

as you wont only look a fool you will alienate your kids....

regards slayer

--
if the following image offends then dont look at it...

/' /)
,/_ /
/ /
/'_'/' '/'_'7,
/'/ / / /" \
('( ' ' _~/
\ '\
'\' \ \ \ _7
\ (
\ \.

slayer in da house annoying the people

ERROR 404 SIG NOT FOUND . END OF INSTRUCTION , PROGRAM FAILED TO
INITIALIZE. KILL ALL ENEMIES OF THE UK AND COALITION FORCES NOW !!!

SOME PEOPLE ENJOY SIPPING FROM THE FOUNTAIN OF KNOWLEDGE...........

PERSONALLY ,,,, i like to take huge gulps..........

remove my shorts to email me direct....

http://www.rselby.com/tips.htm windowx xp tips

regards slayer

Old May 8th 04, 11:55 AM
Velvet

Paulinho wrote:

Hi all i`m a normal Dad thats trying to solve a problem with one of my
computers.... bascily one of my 3 kids is using the computer to view porn...
now despite putting blocking software on and being around most of the time
it still happens.
I`ve asked my 2 boys and daughter what is going on and know of them
know....?

Basicly i have a computer with a home connect web cam.. is there a way of
setting up the computer so the cam works in stealth mode when the computer
is being used... or would this slow the computer down etc etc...

Thanks !

I have to say, what are you going to do with whatever you see the webcam
reporting? Phone him up? It'll take him no time at all to realise all
he has to do is move the webcam or 'accidentally' stop it working. Or
are you going to identify which of the three it is by correlating pics
and time of porn?

You can run a webcam application as a service under windows so it is
nearly invisible to the user that it's working. In your case,
presumably saving an image every 30 seconds or so to the hard drive
would give you enough to identify who it is - be prepared to find out
it's more than one though!

I can't explain exactly what software you should use with that type of
webcam though - I don't have that particular one. Yes it might slow the
pc down, though not noticeably if only taking one pic every 30s, unless
the pc is already heavily loaded or not very fast.

Velvet

Still having computer problems Stockmoose16 General 3 January 21st 05 01:24 PM
Computer Problems JosephNicol General 8 October 5th 04 10:38 PM
unusal motherboard(?) problems heartofBruce Homebuilt PC's 0 August 29th 04 12:07 AM
Computer totally up shit creek Paul Harris Homebuilt PC's 18 February 10th 04 11:23 PM