M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3: Problem with new video driver

Old May 31st 11, 10:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Percival P. Cassidy[_2_]

Default M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3: Problem with new video driver

I allowed Microsoft to install the HD 4250 driver on my Win7Pro machine,
and all seemed fine until I wanted to wake the machine up from sleep:
the machine itself seemed to wake up (as indicated by the lights on
peripherals reactivating), but there was nothing on the DVI-connected
monitor. I had to hit RESET to get anything on the monitor again.

Selecting the previous driver seemed to fix the problem.

Perce
Old June 2nd 11, 12:24 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Oldish Git[_2_]

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message
I allowed Microsoft to install the HD 4250 driver on my Win7Pro machine,
and all seemed fine until I wanted to wake the machine up from sleep: the
machine itself seemed to wake up (as indicated by the lights on peripherals
reactivating), but there was nothing on the DVI-connected monitor. I had to
hit RESET to get anything on the monitor again.

Selecting the previous driver seemed to fix the problem.

Download the latest driver directly from the ATI (now AMD) site.
Drivers installed by Windows Update are often not ideal. I only
let WU install critical Windows updates/security patches, never
hardware drivers. You can get the latest drivers for your graphics
card he
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
HTH,
--