Replacement PCB for Maxtor DimondMax Plus 9

Old March 22nd 07, 05:47 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Pure Chaos[_2_]

Default Replacement PCB for Maxtor DimondMax Plus 9

My Maxtor SATA drive died a while back, but I still have some data on it I
would like to get my hands on. However that does not justify going to an
data recovery expert because it's too expensive. What I was wondering is if
I can get an replacement PCB board now or used, does not matter.

I suspect that the HDD's motherboad died because there's a pretty hot chip
on it if I power it now. Replacing just the chip is out of the question
because I'll kill it totaly

Can you point me on a newsgrup or forum where I could find a used HDD
motherboard?

The specs of the drive a
Maxtor DimondMax Plus 9
SATA
80GB
code: YAR51BW0
6Y80M003520B
Mfg.Date: 27MAY2003
Made in Singapore

*** And last question. Main reason for HDD death is overheating, but can it
also be from low quality power supply? Can low or overvoltage cause bad
sectors?

THNX!

Nenad

Old March 22nd 07, 09:20 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Arno Wagner

Previously Pure Chaos wrote:
[...]

Not really. Buy noise and power-spikes may be able to.

Arno

Old March 23rd 07, 05:15 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Folkert Rienstra

"Arno Wagner" wrote in message
[...]

Nope.

but can it also be from low quality power supply?

Can it what: kill the drive or cause bad sectors.

Can low or overvoltage cause bad sectors?

Not really.

The babblebot clueless, as always.

Buy noise and power-spikes may be able to.

Like power-spikes are not "low or overvoltage".

And they will be logical bad sectors, not physical.

Arno