AutoDetect CPU Ratio vs Manual Imput

Old June 24th 03, 03:05 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Bob D'Spain

Default AutoDetect CPU Ratio vs Manual Imput

I just built a system using the FIC AU13 motherboard and
and AMD 2200 xp 266mhz fsb 1800 mhz cpu.

Upon boot, I get the following message:
Warning: CPU clock is overrunning
please set cpu clock in frequency/voltage control.

Autodetect gave me CPU Ratio of 13.5 and
FSB of 133 mhz.

Can anyone tell me what I should set these values to?
(I already searched AMD and FIC sites and havn't found
this info)

Obviously the the FSB should be at 266 but this setting is
higher than available, at least at CPU ratio of 13.5.

Thanks
Bob D'Spain
Old June 25th 03, 01:10 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Wes Newell

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 07:05:26 -0700, Bob D'Spain wrote:

I just built a system using the FIC AU13 motherboard and and AMD 2200 xp
266mhz fsb 1800 mhz cpu.

Upon boot, I get the following message: Warning: CPU clock is overrunning
please set cpu clock in frequency/voltage control.

Autodetect gave me CPU Ratio of 13.5 and FSB of 133 mhz.

Can anyone tell me what I should set these values to? (I already searched
AMD and FIC sites and havn't found this info)

Obviously the the FSB should be at 266 but this setting is higher than
available, at least at CPU ratio of 13.5.

13.5x133Mhz is the default for the 2200+. NeitherAMD or Intel has ever had
a 266MHz FSB. The 2200+ default is 133MHz (DDR266). They like to stretch
the truth a bit by using the data rate as the MHz speed.

Old June 28th 03, 08:10 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Kev

ATHLON XP2000+ =operating speed is 266
ATHLON XP2200+ = OP speed is 266
ATHLON XP2400+ = op speed is 266

the fsb for those is 266,NOT 133.
It is 133 doubled to give 266,it uses PC2100 DDR ram not 133 ram!.

Old June 28th 03, 10:17 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Wes Newell

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 08:10:16 +0100, Kev wrote:

ATHLON XP2000+ =operating speed is 266
ATHLON XP2200+ = OP speed is 266
ATHLON XP2400+ = op speed is 266

the fsb for those is 266,NOT 133.
It is 133 doubled to give 266,it uses PC2100 DDR ram not 133 ram!.

The FSB speed is 133MHz. The data rate is what is doubled, not the speed.
And PC2100 ram IS 133Mhz.
The 2100 represents the data bandwidth.

Acorp 6VIA96A manual - where? Robert Goodwin Homebuilt PC's 1 May 12th 04 01:51 PM
Need Nero 5.5 manual Wishy13764 Cdr 4 January 3rd 04 01:09 AM
ASUS TV FM Card Problem with Audio ? and Manual? Tor Tverre Asus Motherboards 3 July 13th 03 02:48 PM
AutoDetect CPU Ratio vs Manual Imput Bob D'Spain Overclocking AMD Processors 3 June 28th 03 10:17 AM
Multiplier ratio setting for Xp2400? Barry Ward Overclocking AMD Processors 0 June 24th 03 03:56 AM