Samsung SM930BF 19" from High Street vendor?

Old March 17th 06, 06:13 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Default Samsung SM930BF 19" from High Street vendor?

Dave wrote:
"Walker" wrote in message

Now we're in a situation where companies with 30 day money back guarantees
will supply them for everything (including items worth thousands of
pounds) except monitors. But products don't have to be faulty under this
guarantee. So monitors could be returned with no dead pixels if they
weren't excluded. But they are. The logical explanation is...?

Business foresight, British business sits on its hands and lets the customer
come to them.
Dell are cutting a swathe through the business and home computer market,
attacking the complacency of British companies.

Interestingly, Dell's money-back/satisfaction guarantee differs only for
the British market. It's seven days here -- but only if you order over
the phone.

Regardless, I ordered a Dell monitor today -- a 19" 1907FP in Silver. I
had reservations about the stand after reading a few reviews, and its
response time is 4ms slower than the Samsung I really wanted. But hey,
8ms is still fast. But the point is that I'm paying £30 more for a very
similar (if anything, slightly lower spec) monitor, simply because the
satisfaction guarantee allows me to return it for a complete refund if
there's a single dead pixel; even if there's nothing wrong with the
monitor at all.

--
WM