Cheap, used CPU's?

Old October 1st 04, 04:02 PM
Noozer

Default Cheap, used CPU's?

Trying to get all my spare parts together to complete a couple PC's for some
folks here and I pretty much have it all covered except some CPU's.

Anyone know where I could get the following CPU's cheaply?

- Tatulin Socket370 CPU's
- Two Socket A CPU's

I can get a new 366Mhz Celeron for $10, but shipping is another 10 and 366
is pretty slow. No idea where one can buy older socket A chips at all.

I'm in Calgary, Canada, so Canadian sources would be better.

Thx!

Old October 1st 04, 07:38 PM
Dee

Noozer wrote:

Trying to get all my spare parts together to complete a couple PC's for some
folks here and I pretty much have it all covered except some CPU's.

Anyone know where I could get the following CPU's cheaply?

- Tatulin Socket370 CPU's
- Two Socket A CPU's

I can get a new 366Mhz Celeron for $10, but shipping is another 10 and 366
is pretty slow. No idea where one can buy older socket A chips at all.

I'm in Calgary, Canada, so Canadian sources would be better.

Thx!

Check eBay, search PriceWatch, Google, or Froogle.

Old October 1st 04, 07:45 PM
kony

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 15:02:51 GMT, "Noozer"
wrote:

Trying to get all my spare parts together to complete a couple PC's for some
folks here and I pretty much have it all covered except some CPU's.

Anyone know where I could get the following CPU's cheaply?

- Tatulin Socket370 CPU's
- Two Socket A CPU's

I can get a new 366Mhz Celeron for $10, but shipping is another 10 and 366
is pretty slow. No idea where one can buy older socket A chips at all.

I'm in Calgary, Canada, so Canadian sources would be better.

Thx!

Many boards that can run a Celeron 366, can't run TUALATIN
CPUs... often the board supports Mendocino (like the 366) or
Coppermine (500-1.1GHz) - OR - Coppermine and Tualatin
(900-1.4GHz) but not all 3 generations. Consult the spec
sheet for your motherboard(s), if they don't specify support
for Tualatin (FCPGA2), then most likely they won't work, at
least not without an adapter or other modifications that may
be beyond what you want to do for old spare systems.

ebay might be the best place for lowest prices on old CPUs,
but just about anywhere you look it'll probably be $10 part
plus = $5 shipping, there's just not much incentive for
them to spend time and energy to list/sell/ship/etc parts
for any less than that. If you happen to have some
mom-n-pop computer shops local, you might ask if they have
anything.

Old October 5th 04, 08:02 AM
MAN

"Noozer" wrote in message
Trying to get all my spare parts together to complete a couple PC's for

some
folks here and I pretty much have it all covered except some CPU's.

Anyone know where I could get the following CPU's cheaply?

- Tatulin Socket370 CPU's
- Two Socket A CPU's

I can get a new 366Mhz Celeron for $10, but shipping is another 10 and 366
is pretty slow. No idea where one can buy older socket A chips at all.

I'm in Calgary, Canada, so Canadian sources would be better.

Thx!

I have an AMD K6 500 Mhz. I dont know , I think its a socket 7 or something.
If you or anyones ineterested let me know. The price is 20$ including
shipment.
email :

Old October 5th 04, 02:39 PM
mentalalien

"Dee" wrote in message
Noozer wrote:

Trying to get all my spare parts together to complete a couple PC's for
some
folks here and I pretty much have it all covered except some CPU's.

Anyone know where I could get the following CPU's cheaply?

- Tatulin Socket370 CPU's
- Two Socket A CPU's

I can get a new 366Mhz Celeron for $10, but shipping is another 10 and
366
is pretty slow. No idea where one can buy older socket A chips at all.

I'm in Calgary, Canada, so Canadian sources would be better.

Thx!

Check eBay, search PriceWatch, Google, or Froogle.

I have a celeron 566 socket 370 CPU which may be available - drop me an
email

Cheap Copies: A Risky Bargain Ablang General 0 July 25th 04 04:18 AM
CPUs sometimes not posting Cliff Beveridge General 4 May 20th 04 10:42 PM
Cheap P4 options Fantrace General 4 May 18th 04 11:26 AM
Valid Points 101: 2x P4 Xeons + Hyperthreading + Windows XP Professional / W2K / NT4 / *Nix (long post!) Duncan, Eric A. General 7 February 3rd 04 05:06 PM
AMD CPU's Halfgaar General 2 July 5th 03 11:48 PM