GeForce 6800 in stock at Newegg, but look at the price!

Old June 26th 04, 10:42 PM
wgd

Default GeForce 6800 in stock at Newegg, but look at the price!

Leadtek 6800 in stock at Newegg for $365. Seems way over priced to me
based on the performance benchmarks I've seen so far.

Has the same 700MHz memory speed as the FX5900XT, which is still the
current best buy, in my opinion. FX5900XTs are available for ~$175 and
many of them can be significantly overclocked.

Heck, you can buy a Radeon 9800 Pro for $200 now, which should perform
real well with DX9 shader games like HL2 (if it ever ships).

With my FX5900XT I'm already playing games at fairly high res and
graphics settings in games like UT2004, with good frame rates.

The new ATI and Nvidia offerings seem way overpriced to me.

Old June 27th 04, 12:56 AM
Aki Peltola

"wgd" wrote
The new ATI and Nvidia offerings seem way overpriced to me.

I think Geforces are overpriced indeed, some FX5600U
still costs about 160 euros around here while Radeon
9600Pro is only 120 and according to Toms's Hardware
quite a bit faster too.