From X850 Pro to X1950 GT?

Old June 19th 07, 05:07 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
FKS

Default From X850 Pro to X1950 GT?

My 2nd PC (P4 2.8 GHz) currently has an X850 Pro card. The only game that's
played on that PC is Company of Heroes LAN games (connected with my main
PC). I get acceptable frame rates (around 30) at 1280x1024 with low graphic
options on that PC. To boost the performance, I'm thinking about upgrading
the card to an X1950GT AGP. Would I see some real performance boost? I just
want to have at least medium graphic options...

Old June 19th 07, 05:15 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
JT

"FKS" wrote in message ...
My 2nd PC (P4 2.8 GHz) currently has an X850 Pro card. The only game
that's played on that PC is Company of Heroes LAN games (connected with my
main PC). I get acceptable frame rates (around 30) at 1280x1024 with low
graphic options on that PC. To boost the performance, I'm thinking about
upgrading the card to an X1950GT AGP. Would I see some real performance
boost? I just want to have at least medium graphic options...

You should probably get at least a 25% boost with that card. The cpu is
still going to hold you back somewhat, but I'd say you should be able to
play most every game out there at medium levels or higher. I bought an x1950
pro AGP and I run every game no problem. Can play HL2 at 1600 x 1200 now
with everything turned up and runs smooth. Call of Duty 2 a pretty taxing
game, and I could play at medium levels no problem. This is with a 3.4 P4.
Just make sure you have a solid powersupply with plenty of juice on the +12
rail.

Old June 20th 07, 12:23 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Frodo

Have you tried overclocking the X850?

"FKS" wrote in message ...
My 2nd PC (P4 2.8 GHz) currently has an X850 Pro card. The only game
that's played on that PC is Company of Heroes LAN games (connected with my
main PC). I get acceptable frame rates (around 30) at 1280x1024 with low
graphic options on that PC. To boost the performance, I'm thinking about
upgrading the card to an X1950GT AGP. Would I see some real performance
boost? I just want to have at least medium graphic options...

PSU for X1950 Pro (AGP) Rand Al'Thor Ati Videocards 4 April 12th 07 03:07 AM
x1950 AGP Victor Nvidia Videocards 6 October 29th 06 08:25 PM
Prices on the new X1950 in the US? boe Ati Videocards 7 September 7th 06 07:59 PM
When is the x1950 going to be in stock? boe Ati Videocards 2 September 4th 06 09:21 PM
X850 Pro's being sold as X850 XT's? pigdos Ati Videocards 17 January 15th 06 11:57 PM