Internet Page Printing problem

Old February 25th 05, 02:06 PM
loucypher

Default Internet Page Printing problem

Hi

Could anyone tell me why a Lexmark Printer, would work fine when printing
Documents that are stored on my computer (XP Home), but just get a Blank
page when printing an Internet page.
The computer is clean there is no spyware, or virus's on the computer.
I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers, still the same problem.

Can anybody help on this please

Old February 25th 05, 05:01 PM
measekite

Even though Lexmark is a piece of **** it is not the problem directly.
It might be the OS, the browser, the settings, security, or the print
driver. I would download (free) Mozilla 1.75 suite. Install with all of
the defaults and see if that works. If that is the problem it is most
likely IE security. If that does not work then look to the print driver
and its settings. Once you get it all to work I would use Mozilla. It
is a far more secure browser and offers tabs and many other features
that are only on IE users wish lists.

Old February 25th 05, 08:09 PM

On 25-Feb-2005, "loucypher" wrote:

Hi

Could anyone tell me why a Lexmark Printer, would work fine when printing
Documents that are stored on my computer (XP Home), but just get a Blank
page when printing an Internet page.
The computer is clean there is no spyware, or virus's on the computer.
I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers, still the same
problem.

Can anybody help on this please

Try Edit - Select All - Copy on web page then paste into Word.
Try printing the Word document. Report back. If it prints
the Word doc ok then at least you know that the printer CAN
print the document. The question then becomes why can't it
print from the web page? You may of course find that you can't
paste it into word. That's a different problem.
Old February 26th 05, 01:30 AM
Hecate

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:06:35 +0000 (UTC), "loucypher"
wrote:

Hi

Could anyone tell me why a Lexmark Printer, would work fine when printing
Documents that are stored on my computer (XP Home), but just get a Blank
page when printing an Internet page.
The computer is clean there is no spyware, or virus's on the computer.
I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers, still the same problem.

Can anybody help on this please

Because it's a Lexmark printer usually. Though Lexmark and printer
are, of course and oxymoron.

However, it may be a browser problem. What browser are you using? IE
has a number of printing problems)

--

Hecate - The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
Old February 26th 05, 07:13 AM
loucypher

Hi

Thanks for the replies.
I will try out all of your suggestions, including the underlying message to
get another make of printer, I was starting to get a bit ****ed off with the
AOL like printing commentary that a accompanies the Lexmark printing
operation!

Thanks

Old February 27th 05, 01:09 AM
Hecate

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 07:13:29 +0000 (UTC), "loucypher"
wrote:

Hi

Thanks for the replies.
I will try out all of your suggestions, including the underlying message to
get another make of printer, I was starting to get a bit ****ed off with the
AOL like printing commentary that a accompanies the Lexmark printing
operation!

Thanks

g Didn't you know AOL users all use Lexmark? ;-)

--

Hecate - The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui