Graphics cards again.

Old December 5th 03, 08:29 PM
Mike

Default Graphics cards again.

I want to upgrade my 32mb nVIDIA TNT2 M64 on my old
P111 700mhz machine. Just for game play no TV.
I don't want to spend over £70 and I have seen 3
cards on sale below this price. .

ATI 128MB 9200 RADEON
PNY GEFORCE FX 5200 128Mb
Hercules 3D Prophet 128Mb
Are any of them better than the other ?
Or can you recommend another card for under £70.

TIA

Old December 5th 03, 09:35 PM
Ralph Mowery

I want to upgrade my 32mb nVIDIA TNT2 M64 on my old
P111 700mhz machine. Just for game play no TV.
I don't want to spend over £70 and I have seen 3
cards on sale below this price. .

While you are not asking, I think you would be beter off saving your money
and upgrading the processor/motherboard to a faster system.

Old December 5th 03, 09:38 PM
jeffc

"Mike" wrote in message
I want to upgrade my 32mb nVIDIA TNT2 M64 on my old
P111 700mhz machine. Just for game play no TV.
I don't want to spend over £70 and I have seen 3
cards on sale below this price. .

ATI 128MB 9200 RADEON
PNY GEFORCE FX 5200 128Mb
Hercules 3D Prophet 128Mb
Are any of them better than the other ?
Or can you recommend another card for under £70.

Just a suggestion, but I think that those cards are too expensive and the
processor will be the bottleneck in the system (with the possible exception
of the Hercules, since I don't know what that is.) If I were you, I might
consider buying a much cheaper card that would be a slight upgrade to the
TNT2, or I'd wait until I could afford a new motherboard and processor.

Old December 6th 03, 03:04 PM
Shep©

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 20:29:02 +0000 (UTC) Not letting inanimate objects
know I'm a in a hurry "Mike" wrote :

I want to upgrade my 32mb nVIDIA TNT2 M64 on my old
P111 700mhz machine. Just for game play no TV.
I don't want to spend over £70 and I have seen 3
cards on sale below this price. .

ATI 128MB 9200 RADEON
PNY GEFORCE FX 5200 128Mb
Hercules 3D Prophet 128Mb
Are any of them better than the other ?
Or can you recommend another card for under £70.

TIA

http://tinyurl.com/y085
128Mb XFX Geforce FX 5200
Excellent company.
However all newer cards may require an updated power supply.
HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,
email shepATpartyheld.de

Graphics Cards Choice John General 4 January 2nd 05 03:13 AM
Wanted: beginners guide to graphics cards Ben C General 15 October 19th 04 10:24 AM
graphics cards voltages ~misfit~ General 8 February 19th 04 05:08 PM
2 GRAPHICS CARDS COEXIST with ABILITY to CHOOSE? John F General 5 February 12th 04 11:57 PM