compaq presario amber light stays on after POWER DOWN?

Old March 13th 05, 06:26 PM

Default compaq presario amber light stays on after POWER DOWN?

I have a Compaq Presario 2100 laptop computer. Running under XP Pro
OS.
When I power down or shut off the computer the amber light on the front
outside panel stays on, even after I pull down the screen, shutting the
case. Is this normal, OR, is there something else I should do, other
than pulling out the power cord?

All replies welcomed!

Aaron

Old March 14th 05, 03:37 AM
Larry W. Hatcher

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 09:26:45 -0800, aaronep wrote:

I have a Compaq Presario 2100 laptop computer. Running under XP Pro
OS.
When I power down or shut off the computer the amber light on the front
outside panel stays on, even after I pull down the screen, shutting the
case. Is this normal, OR, is there something else I should do, other
than pulling out the power cord?

All replies welcomed!

Aaron

I have a Compaq Presario R3310US notebook and the amber light means the
battery is charging. When the battery is fully charged, the light goes
out. This applies whether or not the computer is on.

HTH
--
Registered Linux User #: 222896
Registered Machine #: 148845

Old March 18th 05, 08:26 PM
jel183\(UK\)

Agreed, I have a Presario 2529 - Same think Light stays on if battery is
charging

--
HTH - Any Advice Appreciated - Please Reply To Newsgroup Only

jel183(UK)

"Larry W. Hatcher" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 09:26:45 -0800, aaronep wrote:

I have a Compaq Presario 2100 laptop computer. Running under XP Pro
OS.
When I power down or shut off the computer the amber light on the front
outside panel stays on, even after I pull down the screen, shutting the
case. Is this normal, OR, is there something else I should do, other
than pulling out the power cord?

All replies welcomed!

Aaron

I have a Compaq Presario R3310US notebook and the amber light means the
battery is charging. When the battery is fully charged, the light goes
out. This applies whether or not the computer is on.

HTH
--
Registered Linux User #: 222896
Registered Machine #: 148845
Larry W. Hatcher

GW Power Supply Feedback RDBrimmer Gateway Computers 9 October 22nd 04 07:15 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 October 17th 04 12:49 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 September 23rd 04 12:21 PM
Compaq user diagnostics diskette bananaboat Compaq Computers 3 April 21st 04 03:05 AM
No Beeps, Power Light Stays on??? Smith General 5 September 9th 03 02:02 AM