Western Digital "Recertified" Drives - How Reliable.? ? ? ?

Old June 26th 06, 05:28 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

Default Western Digital "Recertified" Drives - How Reliable.? ? ? ?

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 15:48:05 -0400, "Starz_Kid"
wrote:

Hello Bob, Cooling was not an issue as each drive in my computer has air
flow on ALL surfaces. I suspect a bad run of the drives - or a bad desigh
as Seagate only made these drives for a short time. Then went with a new
part number...!

I think you are right, this post makes me vaguely recall
some issue with WD 3xxGB drives. I don't have any 3xxGB WD
drives though, so I didn't find it important to remember all
the details at the time.
Old June 26th 06, 06:01 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 12:28:53 -0400, kony wrote:

I think you are right, this post makes me vaguely recall
some issue with WD 3xxGB drives. I don't have any 3xxGB WD
drives though, so I didn't find it important to remember all
the details at the time.

I have one - it's my backup drive. I bought it in 1999, maybe 2000,
IIRC. Still runs just fine. I can't tell the temp because it doesn't
have SMART. I don't even put it in a tray with fans - the only fan is
in the removable bay.

--

"It's impossible to obtain a conviction for sodomy from
an English jury. Half of them don't believe that it can