Compaq LTE 5100 - owners manual?

Old November 24th 03, 09:23 AM
Knut Willy

Default Compaq LTE 5100 - owners manual?

I have got an old and outdated "Compaq LTE 5100" portable, with Windows 95
PLUS on it.
Machine works OK, but when I connect to my printer "HP Deskjet 600" I get
nothing out on the printer.
When I connect the same printer to an even older "Toshiba" portable I also
have, then printing functions as it should.

I have noe user's or owner's manuel for this "Compaq" -

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE ON THE NET TO SEARCH FOR COMPAQ MANUAL?

--
Knut W. Jakset
============

Old November 24th 03, 01:12 PM
Mike Calkins

www.hp.com will have in the archives. Try a true IEEE-1284 printer cable
first, as Compaq needed them for proper printing. Also, get the latest
drivers from the HP website for the printer. If all of that fails, try
installing it as an HP DeskJet 500.

Should work. Good luck.

Mike in Houston

Old November 24th 03, 02:04 PM
Packrat

"Knut Willy" wrote in message
I have got an old and outdated "Compaq LTE 5100" portable, with Windows 95
PLUS on it.
Machine works OK, but when I connect to my printer "HP Deskjet 600" I get
nothing out on the printer.
When I connect the same printer to an even older "Toshiba" portable I also
have, then printing functions as it should.

I have noe user's or owner's manuel for this "Compaq" -

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE ON THE NET TO SEARCH FOR COMPAQ MANUAL?

--
Knut W. Jakset

Excuse the long URL, but all that info is listed on the HP/Compaq site under
the LTE5100. - pack

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...1 957&prodSer
iesId=96326