ASrock 775dual-VSTA sometimes refuses to boot even to BIOS

Old March 23rd 07, 08:11 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
jives11

Default ASrock 775dual-VSTA sometimes refuses to boot even to BIOS

Hi,

I have a Pentium 4 775dual-VSTA system I built at christmas. I'm
seeing a problem where sometime it refuses to boot. It does not run
the BIOS , nor do I see the nvidia details.
I've had this occur with either an FX5200 (AGP) or an FX 7600 (PCI-E)
as the motherboard has both slots.
Lights and fans come on, red disk IO light comes on, and the CD rom
light comes on, then it just hanges. Typically if I try later
( normally after an hour) it will boot.

Turning off the the unit at the wall does not appear to make a
difference.

I flashed the BIOS to the most recent a few weeks ago.

Any suggestions. When the PC boots (most of the time) it appears to
run fine, nothing in the system event log, no BSOD, everything is fine

Old March 25th 07, 06:54 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

"jives11" wrote in message
ups.com...

Hi,

I have a Pentium 4 775dual-VSTA system I built at christmas. I'm
seeing a problem where sometime it refuses to boot. It does not run
the BIOS , nor do I see the nvidia details.
I've had this occur with either an FX5200 (AGP) or an FX 7600 (PCI-E)
as the motherboard has both slots.
Lights and fans come on, red disk IO light comes on, and the CD rom
light comes on, then it just hanges. Typically if I try later
( normally after an hour) it will boot.

Turning off the the unit at the wall does not appear to make a
difference.

I flashed the BIOS to the most recent a few weeks ago.

Any suggestions. When the PC boots (most of the time) it appears to
run fine, nothing in the system event log, no BSOD, everything is fine

I'm no expert, however:
I'm wondering about the capability of your power supply. Can you supply
details of your power supply (brand and output in watts), and also details
of all devices fitted (HD drives, optical drives, floppy drive, PCI cards,
which P4 processor, external USB devices, etc...

My Antec 450w power supply has coped well with a fair number of extra
devices.

Sylvain.

Old March 26th 07, 12:31 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
KR

On Mar 23, 6:11 pm, "jives11" wrote:
Hi,

I have a Pentium 4 775dual-VSTA system I built at christmas. I'm
seeing a problem where sometime it refuses to boot. It does not run
the BIOS , nor do I see the nvidia details.
I've had this occur with either an FX5200 (AGP) or an FX 7600 (PCI-E)
as the motherboard has both slots.
Lights and fans come on, red disk IO light comes on, and the CD rom
light comes on, then it just hanges. Typically if I try later
( normally after an hour) it will boot.

Turning off the the unit at the wall does not appear to make a
difference.

I flashed the BIOS to the most recent a few weeks ago.

Any suggestions. When the PC boots (most of the time) it appears to
run fine, nothing in the system event log, no BSOD, everything is fine

remove the battery, also there should be a jumper on the board that
you move to "clear bios" (see your manual) - use that and it might
work.